Hendo's DD project- The EH

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nope, not yet. Other than getting the broken things fixed, I'm focusing on the 91 for now. It's sort of at a critical point where I've got to make serious expenditure decisions. It only got the bar because it was feeling neglected ;)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok and maybe one more part. XD

My wife was just bitching today about how she just cleaned the parts outta that spot in the family room. "Well, these are NEW parts" I tell her. She is not amused.

/bossdancemywifesface

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Picture doesnt work for me :what:

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got the lip mounted up. :D

JHPUSA wanted $67 for a "mounting hardware kit", and like $30+ for shipping! Ridiculous! Rico hooked up the 11 clips and screws for free. Win all day.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well, this particular example is anything but clean, so the executive decision has been made to just run it as is for now and enjoy the GSR until I find a cleaner one to fulfill my long-term plan. Pretty much every panel has a half a dozen donks in it (at least), and there's now almost as much rot as the 91 had. AND the front end has gotten extremely squeaky. It's so much easier to find these than the 4th gens though, they seem to be even more prevalent than the 6th gen. At least, based on what comes up for sale on my c-list they seem to be more available.

New project (that's likely to sit in my garage for a year until the 91 is done) incoming. :D

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Long time, no update.

Well, lots of parts going around, but with 3 projects now, I've got to stay focused. This scattershot approach is going to slow me down and I need to bring it in. The EF will be 98% done when I get it back from the body shop, then I've got the new project, and unfortunately for this rust beast, it's got to be last on the list since it's not gonna be a keeper. However, I'm going to continue driving the piss out of it on shitty roads this winter, no mercy. Love that f**king motor. Got some fat fives with a set of Hankook ipike tires on em off the c-list for $200, slapped em on there and am rubbing the s**t out of everything everywhere lmao:

And this is how it will look in all its shitbox glory until I sell it and pick up a cleaner one from somewhere that the roads aren't coated with chemicals that love to eat paint and steel.

Sorry, I'm not unwrapping this since it's not even going on this car:

You'll just have to trust me that its an LED spoiler. ;)

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was appraising a house as part of an estate. Wandered through grandma and grandpa's house, which was full of original 60s materials. Inside the garage, an 86 Buick Regal with 36k original miles... and a 93 DX coupe. I didn't say anything because I didn't know it was an estate until the seller told me as I was walking out the door. It bothered me enough that I called the bank and got her number. So 3 days later:

Glove box full of records, water pump and timing belt replaced at 81k miles. Tires have 50k miles worth of warranty left. My wife loves it and thinks she's going to "claim it," as you can see in the picture. Anybody wanna guess what I gave for it? It needed reverse lights and the front brakes need to be done soonish. Other than that I would say it's pretty tight. XD

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
$1650. Nobody likes a good "grandad's Civic" story? XD

New plan of action for the EH hatch. Keeping it. It's going to be terrible, and it's going to be the next thing on the agenda. I really want to build the motor for the EF, but this will be much cheaper in the meantime. And there's a lot of stuff I can do myself.