Hesitation issue only when cold and under a load..Help!!

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by Civicguy45039, Nov 20, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Civicguy45039

Civicguy45039 New Member

Just bought a stock 99 civic 5spd lx with 193k miles, car starts right up and idles fine when cold but as I go to take off down the road it hesitates and misses like it's running outta gas. Once it reaches norm operating temp it runs perfect and doesn't do it at all. I stopped in Autozone and they put their tester on it and it said no codes found. Anyone else experienced this? Just don't wanna be chasing my tail lol. Thanks!!

2. 92cxd15b7

92cxd15b7 New Member

Just a shot in the dark here, maybe you should let your car warm up before you drive it.

3. Civicguy45039

Civicguy45039 New Member

I shouldn't have to let it warm up everytime I go to drive it. I mean if I am in a hurry and just need to jump in and go this is not a normal issue. I've owned probably 8 civics most with more miles and all of them have been stock nothing modded and have never experienced this kinda issue.

4. 92cxd15b7

92cxd15b7 New Member

If its cold outside and the engine has had time to cool down below normal operating temperatures you should always let it warm up, regardless of how many of whatever kind of vehicle with however many miles you have had.
    I'm gonna leave it at that.