Hesitation on accelerating when engine is warm

ryn004

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The Problem:
I got an EG9 civic with a stock B16A engine, and I have a problem where the engien will work fine when cold. However it will start stuttering on acceleration when the engine gets to driving temperature (usually after 20mins of driving). And the CEL will light up when I keep the revs constant for about a minute, error of the code was 43 which is the O2 sensor.

What has been done:
- the usualy parts of the car have been services/replace (oil & fuel filter, new spark plugs, new leads...)
- Replaced O2 sensor.
- replaced (and removed Catalytic converter) exhaust piping from manifold to the back box.

Note:
Another problem I have and not sure if its linked ........... As you know the civic has dim, driving and high lights and mine work normally when the engine is off. However when on and the switch is placed in the dim light position, the driving lights go on too however not at full lumincy.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Did you clear the code after replacing the o2 sensor to make sure the same code was coming back?

Did you buy a universal o2 sensor and wire it yourself? There's a possibility it was wired wrong, something is wrong with the connection, or the o2 sensor itself is faulty.

ryn004

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
The O2 sensor is Denso and was a direct plugin and the engine code never came back on. So its definately not from this sensor.

What else can it be? The car is even having problem to start now.

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
check faulty map and/or fuel pump operation

ryn004

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Problem solved - replaced Distributer.