Hi everyone

fred130111

Helloooo i am new to these forums and have recently bought a 95 civic 1.5 vtec eco things... anyway it has had a fair amount of money spent on it but there are a few things i would like to do and just wondering if there are any good ideas?

the car is on coilovers and for some reason whenever i go a tad to quick round a rounderbout the car feels the need to let the back end out lol anything i could do apart from weight the back of it with bricks :L

also at the moment it revs up to 7k which from what i understand is standard but i have heard they can go much higher ? =)

cheers guys

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:welcome: and stock rods won't take spinning it much past that for long. Try putting a rear strut tower bar in before you go adding weight. Stiffen up the back end and help it stay planted. How fast're you going? lol

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Rev'ing a motor past it's factory redline without building it is a pretty fast way to blow your engine.

Strut bars are the last thing you should do. They hardly do anything alone. Add a rear sway bar. Anything bigger than 19mm and you should get a subframe reinforcement brace. Do you know what the spring rates are on the coilovers?

emerican

Registered VIP
Thats what i meant by suspension i wasnt saying just get the tie bar if your looking to really improve your suspension its gonna take some work and money man.

TheIMightyHutch

My VTEC Has An E
So your VX likes to get sideways too, Thought it was just mine. I like all the lift off over steer though lol. But yeah a sway bar would tighten up the rear alot. And Welcome. =)