Hi I am new here...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kidding..
anyway I just figured I would stop in and say hi..

last I was here I was test driving new cars.... I decided I missed my civic a lot so went back to a FWD import...

picked up a 2010 GTI with DSG.... 18k miles... so far I love it..

that is all.. lol

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
kidding..
anyway I just figured I would stop in and say hi..

last I was here I was test driving new cars.... I decided I missed my civic a lot so went back to a FWD import...

picked up a 2010 GTI with DSG.... 18k miles... so far I love it..

that is all.. lol
Welcome to VW and welcome back to the site. :thumbs up

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to VW and welcome back to the site. :thumbs up
thanks...

really struggling on deciding on wheels.. I know I want 18s... but not sure where to go from there..

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wb man! what the f**k are you thinking showing up and not posting pics? Noob.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks...

really struggling on deciding on wheels.. I know I want 18s... but not sure where to go from there..
RS4 wheels look pretty hot on a MK6. You could get some Hartmann RS4 replicas for pretty good price.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You bought a vdub and stopped in a civic forum to say "hi"? GTFO!

:lol:
jk jk

Congrats on the GTI

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Super OG! Glad to have you back

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Welcome back man.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks for the welcome... no pics yet as the D80 died.. and well the car is stock anyway...
i never thought I would go back to a car like this... but I honestly LOVE IT.. and I LOVE the auto trans...

the issue I am at with wheels is trying to understand offset and things like that.. and what brands make acceptable wheels..

since this thing is under warranty for the next 2 years I doubt I am going to do much to it...

my plans are rims... tint... mild drop (probably just springs)... and MAYBE an intake and stage 1 APR...

to be honest I really like the car as is... the drivability is amazing.. nice easy comfortable car to just drive around... but paddle shifters on the wheel.. and sport mode...

the car is a two door and it is united grey..

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn Anthony, welcome back negro. Now we just have to wait for Biz to show up again. :P

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn Anthony, welcome back negro. Now we just have to wait for Biz to show up again. :P
seems like this place died at some point?
I remember when the lounge was 100s of posts a day.. now it looks like 3 or 4 max.. where did everyone go.. lol

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seems like this place died at some point?
I remember when the lounge was 100s of posts a day.. now it looks like 3 or 4 max.. where did everyone go.. lol
I joined just two years ago and it was fairly active. It's been a steady decline since though. :/

Wish we could get it back to what it was when you were here.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OG's everywhere!

Yeah this forum has been slowly declining, unfortunately. It's a small community now :/

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You know, it's kind of funny that everyone says that the site is slow. Another site I moderate is complaining about the same thing. Difference is there is only 4 posts A DAY there if that. Total among the whole site, not just off topic. Now THAT is slow.

I blame popcorn. Not enough popcorn. That and that water machine is out. People are tired of not having snacks in the lounge.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
To be honest I have not even looked at the Honda "scene" in years... I assumed it suffered a steady decline...

I was explaining this to my fiance the other day (for any of you that remember I am still with the girl that I met through club civic.. and we are engaged.. LOL) anyway... I was explaining the Honda thing to her the other day...

In the late 90s... there were a ton of really shitty cars... so you look at something like a Honda.. or Acura.. and you get something that fits the sport compact model.. but is high revving.. decent power.. and doesn't look awful... people go nuts... a sub culture is formed... and parts support goes through the roof...

fast forward ten years.. and the Honda civic now is forced to compete with all these crazy cars that come with things like factory turbos...

the auto industry changed like crazy... with all the options out there its no wonder that I don't see too many hooked up Hondas rolling around anymore.... now I see wrx...... gti..... evo.... mazdaspeed.. etc... hard to survive in a market like that..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I may hold off on wheels for a minute.. I have been looking and what I think I want is going to cost me about $3,000

I like these...