hid help

thambi23

so heres the 411 i bought a hid kit from a legit place for 180$ plus 20$ installation... it came with a 1 yr warranty and my friend installed it. The issue im having is that my left light is way stronger than my right light and when i brought it to the place for a exchange and he told me since he didnt install them he cant replace them and i was pist . So ive been looking for just the bulbs but i came across on ebay i seen hid xexon hid conversion kit with a ballost and 2 yr warranty for 50$. Are these legit real hid lights or just replicas? this ebay member had 25000 feedback and seems legit but hopefully his hid lights are bright

syvpunk

5+ Year Member
ddm for the win, have the 8k set on mine. buddy also running in his E36 and E30 bmw. he has had his set for amlost 2 yrs with no issues.

civic0918

Registered VIP
id try it after all its just $50.

Ubajowa

I took a look at that DDM site and I want to order a pair but I know nothing on the bulb sizes, which size would I need to order top be compatible?

Ubajowa

Thank you, just spent like an hour looking at that site trying to figure out what kit and bulb... still a bit lost

Jeffhondadc5

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah lol its h4, your order my take a while on there. I still havent recieved mine and i placed it on april 15th

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it takes awhile because the hid kit are from overseas.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ddm FTL, I have yet to recieve my order in and its been over a month :???:

There suppose to be here this week sometime... lets see.
it takes awhile because the hid kit are from overseas.
Also, they are always back-ordered because the kits have become very popular recently.

Thank you, just spent like an hour looking at that site trying to figure out what kit and bulb... still a bit lost
Our headlight bulbs are actually 9003, but H4 fits the same. Most aftermarket bulb manufacturers make H4 instead of 9003.

thambi23

if i wanted to hid my fog lights on my 99 honda civic coupe do i buy the h4 kit or h3? i looked on google its telling me h3??

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also, they are always back-ordered because the kits have become very popular recently.

Our headlight bulbs are actually 9003, but H4 fits the same. Most aftermarket bulb manufacturers make H4 instead of 9003.
it took me 2weeks to get my order. they're always on back order because their kit are lifetime warranty.

i got the 55watt kit cost me 80bucks that include shipping,don't get the 35 s**t will give u glare.

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i wanted to hid my fog lights on my 99 honda civic coupe do i buy the h4 kit or h3? i looked on google its telling me h3??
not worth it dude,i used to have hid in fogs,you have to get the h3 and cut a hole on the backing plate to make it fit.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it took me 2weeks to get my order. they're always on back order because their kit are lifetime warranty.

i got the 55watt kit cost me 80bucks that include shipping,don't get the 35 s**t will give u glare.
I can't see why the 35W would glare and the 55W would not. The only difference is that the 55W kit draws 55W of power instead of 35W, and so they are brighter.

thambi23

i just placed a order just for placement bulbs now .. but im going to order a kit soon everythings back ordered

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah the shipping takes a while on the site. i order a set and took 3 1/2 weeks to arrived, installed the kit. HID bulbs wasn't the right one i ordered and had to send it back and still waiting for my correct hid bulbs.

SilverY2KCivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The seller isn't around anymore but a little less than 2 years ago I bought a pair of replacement HID bulbs on Ebay from a then reputable seller and for $40 SHIPPED no less (and shipped from WITHIN the US, not overseas). Bulbs are still going strong. Ebay isn't always bad or crap, but it can be hit and miss for sure. It's all about research and checking out the ratings. Most places even on Ebay typically want $60 - $100 for a set of bulbs though. I bit the bullet with a cheaper seller and it worked out perfectly.