Hid Kit

Discussion in '5th Generation Honda Civic (1992-1995)' started by willyss01, Nov 28, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. willyss01

willyss01 New Member

Im new to the civic scene and just got a 93 hatch. i want to put hids in but want to know if i need any xtras like a relay or ultra slim ballast? Can i use just a normal H4 hid kit? I also have some jdm lights that look glass instead of plastic. will the hid hurt them?

2. ben h

ben h New Member

i would not get slim balasts
    i have had em 3-4 of my buddys have had em and 1 bulb will go out on u and u gotta keep turnin the lights on and off and it has been with multiple brands ebay and good brands
    go regular balasts

3. 97civicMan

97civicMan Knucklehead h8r Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Retrofit!! Hid plug and play kits are not designed for factory housings. They put out a very scattered light pattern and blind oncoming traffic. Save your money and get u a retro fit kit and do it correctly!...as a matter of fact heres a link from one of our mods that explains this.
    http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=208090

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  4. 95CTR

95CTR 52mpg? I do it all day. Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Dont do it with out a retrofit, or at the absolute least use some cheap ebay projector houseings or else all your doing is blinding others on the road.

dont be one of "those guys",