HID's in fogs

spooned209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i have my eg fogs and i was lookin at possibly buying some xentec hids for them since i would like brighter fogs is it possible

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Please do everyone a favor and don't put a P&P kit into fog lights. The scatter is horrible and it's like driving with a P&P kit in your headlights. You will blind everyone on the road. Do a proper retrofit into your headlights and you won't even need fog lights anymore. I hardly notice my fog lights after I did my retrofit.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ahh ok thanks john see thats y i love this forum lol
:like: :thumbs up

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not trying to stop you from what you want to do. But I don't think some people realize how blinding a P&P HID kit is in standard halogen reflector housing. Especially people with photophobia. It is extremely dangerous and can potentially cause accidents.

dirk

I just did that conversion, to do it you will have to drill a hole in the back of the fog light, because the back of the bulb has such a large connector. I drilled a hole and stuck on a grommet to try and keep it as sealed a possible. Currently one of my bulbs is burnt out, but i can post a pics next week after i get some re-placement parts, let me know if you want them.

I would love to do a retro fit on my headlights but cant afford it so i went this route.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes there is. I've read that Blazer fogs are a popular retro for foglights but I don't think they're designed to take HID's. I've read stories of them melting from them.

But once you get retrofits for your headlights, you will never need fog lights again. Like I said, I can barely notice mine are on anymore. And since my projectors are bixenon, I don't lose any of the foreground lighting when I switch to high beams. So my foglights are essentially pointless at this point. I use them mainly during the day as "driving lights".

Eric1998Coupe

5+ Year Member
yeah i was really hoping the retro's were able to function with hid's because i like my fogs and wanted a nice yellow color. i can only wish i guess haha