high rpms

jcrwzr01

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i can run about 7500rpm with my corolla. whats the redline for the 2001 civic dx? its the basic model and its cheap. power nothing. its got airbags though and power mirrors. but no power locks/windows. no cd player. and my dad bought an A/C kit, cuz it originally didnt come with an A/C. i plan on installing a tach. but for rigth now whats the redline. and what can i do to the engine to increase the redline limit without harming the engine. some people say that if you redline too much you'll blow up the engine. for right now, im just shifting gears every about every 25-30mph

<p>my habits shifting
<p>1st: 28mph
<p>2nd: 60mph
<p>3rd: 80mph
<p>4th: hahahaha

pretty much, i just shift if i feel as though the engine is straining.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by jcrwzr01
and what can i do to the engine to increase the redline limit without harming the engine.
nothing... go past redline for too long and you'll damage the valvetrain.

i think the redline on that motor is 6800rpms.......

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can get some lighter internal components, like forged pistons and titanium rods, titanium springs, titanium valves, titanium wallet, etc.

OveRBoOSTCiViC

VIETNAMEZE
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Chip your ECU, To past your Redline.
Depends on your motor. Detonation
My Ex redline at 7,200 but I ran a GSR ECU, redline at 8,500 Allday. No Detonation.
Dont redline line too much. May f**k up your internals

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
rpm= ruins peoples motors. the redline of the 01+ ex's is 6800 rpm, i believe the redline on the dx motors is like 6000-6200 (im not sure) your basically shifting at redline there, not the greatest for your motor. chipping the engine does very little, alll it does is dump a ton of fuel in there and get rid of the redline. basically it ruins fuel economy, emissions, reliablilty, and adds a few hp. d series motors DO NOT make hp near their redline, let alone above it, so theres no point in raising the redline. look at a dyno graph, the hp peak is well before redline, and the further you go past redline, the less hp the motors make. the heads just dont flow well enough to provide the airflow at that rpm.

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well dont shift past 25mph when going into 2nd, 28-29mph is were the fuel cut off is for redline. and more like 57mph to go into 3nd should be better, and 4th in the 1/4 mile, haha

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what's funny about 4th in the quarter?! i trap just before i have to shift into 5.......... :shock: :lol: