Hoki Random Thread

Hoki

I'll try to take a picture of my hole but you can't really see it that good and its raining right now so I don't know if I can do it today

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't get it. So you want to secure your front bumper? Just use whatever bolt and nut combo to secure it. That's what I did. Did it come like that? No, but it does the job and holds that side of the bumper securely.

dancam

Registered VIP
If you edit your questions to get rid of the all capitals then i will tell you what you did wrong with your tint and how to do it properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK PEOPLES WELL I THINK I NEED ALL HONDA OWNERS OF THE WORLD TO UNITE AND TELL ME SOMETHING CAUSE I NEED A SCREW. ON THE DRIVERS SIDE JUST INSIDE THE WHEEL AREA SOME SCREW IS SUPPOSE TO GO IN THERE TO SECURE THE FRONT BUMPER BUT IT'S MISSING. I LOOKED AT THE OTHER SIDE AND IT'S HARD TO SEE BUT IT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS A PHILLPS BIG HEAD WITH A SLIGHT BUMP TO IT SO IT'S NOT TOTALLY FLAT AND ABOUT THE SIZE OF A PENNY. I WENT TO THE HONDA PLACE AND THEY GAVE ME THESE SCREWS THEY SAID ARE FOR THAT BUT THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LOOKING, THEY ARE SHINY SILVER AND HAVE BIG HEADS THAT USE A FLAT SCREWDRIVER AND THEY HEADS ARE RAIDED AND LIKE OCTOGAN SHAPE OR SOMETHING WHERE YOU CAN USE A 10MM SOCKET OR SOME SIZE SOCKET AS WELL. I DONNO IF THE LONG PART WILL FIT IN MY HOLE THOUGH CAUSE I HAVEN'T TRIED IT. DO YOU THINK THEY ARE JUST USING A NEW TYPE NOW OR SOMETHING? I'M SO CONFUSED I JUST WANT MY HOLE FILLLED WITH SOMETHING ALREADY

WHAT IF I TAKE MY SIDE WINDOWS OUT SO I CAN BRING THEM INSIDE AND PUT THEM ON THE FLOOR SO I CAN WATCH FLINSTONES AND BE OVER IT AS I LAY THE FILM ON IT? IS TAKING THE WINDOW OUT WORTH IT JUST TO MAKE SURE I DON'T MESS IT UP AGAIN CAUSE I DON'T HAVE A GARAGE I CAN DO THIS IN. IT LOOKS LIKE TAKING THE WINDOW OUT ISN'T THAT HARD. I'M THINKING ABOUT CUTTING A CARDBOARD AND PUTTING A HANDLE ON IT SO I CAN LAY THE WHOLE TINT FLAT ON IT THEN PUSH IT ON THE WINDOW OR MAYBE JUST PEELING A LITTLE OF THE FILM OFF THEN PUTTING IT ON THE WINDOW. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ITLL PINCHES IN THE FILM WITH COME OUT USING A HEAT GUN?
Hoki, you have already been asked by another moderator to no longer write in All-Caps. He was courteous enough to correct the last instance for you. This is a second request in that regard. Please correct this portion of your previous post and avoid doing so again.

Last edited:

Hoki

I donno how. I just write n post however the keyboard is set up. I never chose capital letters. Sometimes im on a computer that only types in caps cause its some weird office computer

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I donno how. I just write n post however the keyboard is set up. I never chose capital letters. Sometimes im on a computer that only types in caps cause its some weird office computer
You wrote in both upper and lower case letters, then switched to all-caps within the same post. Your excuses hold no water. Please correct the post.

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Youre supposed to wet the window before applying the window film.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bullshit

Hoki

Youre supposed to wet the window before applying the window film.
I did get it totally wet on the window and film

I already got my new ones for free so i'll do it again

Today I'm gonna try to install my tint better this time. Hopefully, I wont need more tint. This is suppose to be good tint with lifetime warranty.

I'm also gonna try to install the missing screw. I also noticed the mounting tab to svrew goes to might be broken because it looks like a partial circle. I'll just removevthe other side to compare the two.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I corrected Hokis last post to use proper caps and be explained coherently. You're welcome.

In your future posts, itd be greatly appreciated if you use a similar proper style and refrain from explaining personal details not related to your vehicle.

Hoki

I've been trying to find some door molding strips that go on the outside. I really don't know what there called or what there for exactly but I see some cars with a thin strip of plastic along the middle or toward the bottom of the doors and I thought it would be nice to have so other doors can't nick and scratch me. I've been looking around and a lot of places want over 200 dollars for them so I was at advance auto the other day and I saw these cheap pilot brand door trim molding that were chrome so I bought them. I just sprayed them with galaxy grey paint I had mixed up at the auto shop and then I put clear over it too and it came out so great. It looks really professional like my OEM paintjob on my car. It's been drying for 24 hours now so I'm gonna stick them on later today. The trims only cost 20 dollars and the paint and clear kit cost 50 dollars but I'm gonna repaint my fading trunk top with it too. It lays down so good. I never been able to get these kind of results from a spray can.

xpttcx

99 Honda Civic EX
5+ Year Member
Try Oreillys. I think theyre pretty cheap there. They have black and chrome(the strips that go around the doors)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should post pics!
I'd like to see them installed too because usually painting rubber will just crack the paint when installed.

OP: the paint job might look good on the trim because there is very little room for error on such a small piece. The roof is much harder. And..how is your door scratching you? :P

Hoki

They rnt rubbere. There plastic with 3m tape on back. Heres after i sprayed it with galaxy grey and clear. I did 3 coats each. Theres a few spots toward the edges where it looks like the paint was to much and looks a bit darker but i think its fine for a small peice and prolly wont be noticed anyway.

Here's the other end I guess I need to polish and wax it too huh I didn't get to install them on my car today but I might let it sit for an extra day or two before I put it on because I think I'm going to have to push hard on it for a while to stick it on so I want to be sure it's hard