Holy Sh!t I can't believe I made it home in one piece

xposigroovex

5+ Year Member
Last night I got a flat when I was out of town. I got a new tire today and hit the road again to see another concert.On the way back home I was in the right lane doing about 80 and I guess a deer was crossing the road but I swear to God it looked like a goddamn water buffalo. It wasn't just running across the road it was running diagonal, almost towards me. I slam on the brakes and my car does a complete 180 on the highway and I slide backwards probably 100 feet and end up on the shoulder facing the wrong way. My car cut off at some point so I just parked it for a minute or so. Then I tried cranking it and it was fine so I just drove it home. Now that I'm home I see the rear bumper has some minor seperation and the hood seems to be a slightly askew but otherwise it appears to be fine. I can safely say that is the scariest thing that's ever happened to me in a car. I think I'm just going to stay at home for a few days.

Anyone know what could be the problem with my bumper? One side seems to be sagging but only slightly. My hood seems to be pushed over about a 1/4" maybe, nothing crazy but something I'll fix if it isn't too expensive.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Your hood might be able to be adjusted.

Dunno about your bumper

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
with ur hood, maybe its just those 2 things that attach ur hood to the car. i cant think at all right now for some reason.

as for ur rear bumper, hard to say. check to see if the bolts holding the bumper on actually ripped outta the bumper or something. maybe the bolts just got jostled and all u need to do is realign the bumper and tighten things up again. or maybe its ur actual chassis.

guess it sounds like u took the 180 hard if things were slightly crooked on ur car. only explanation imo for metal bending like that.

xposigroovex

5+ Year Member
Thanks. I'm going to check it out today and probably take it somewhere to have it really looked at tomorrow. I definitely took the 180 very hard.

rexxxgirl

i want a new hatch!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude I also woul get your rear wheel alignment checked b/c the same thing just hapend to me about 2 weeks ago. and also to fix your hood- I would just go ahead and take it all the way off and put it back on again. and tighten the bolts on each side alternaitvely till you get it even.

xposigroovex

5+ Year Member
I am taking it tommorrow to get the oil changed so I'll have them check the wheels too. I just crawled under it and it appears to be an easy fix for the bumper although I would have no idea how to do it. I can't tell what is making it loose but the chassis appears to be fine.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
rexxxgirl said:
dude I also woul get your rear wheel alignment checked b/c the same thing just hapend to me about 2 weeks ago. and also to fix your hood- I would just go ahead and take it all the way off and put it back on again. and tighten the bolts on each side alternaitvely till you get it even.
No need to take it all the way off.. Just loosen the bolts for the hood barely enough to move it. Then adjust your hood.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, i know how that feels except when i was driving, there was a trashbag in the middle of the road on the left lane. i didn't see it, went to avoid it and my back tires lost grip on the shoulder, did a 180 in mild to busy traffic, avoided the cars in the right lane, went in a ditch......no scratches, marks or anything.....i was so relieved. got out of the car and sat there for about 20 minutes

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah check the clips, bolts on the bumper, atleast you didnt crash..