Honda Civic EK9 (1996) Water In Trunk Leak

Dylanhm_

Hey all!

I’m new to this forum so please don’t shoot me up if I posted this in the wrong section.

I own an Honda Civic EK9 out of 1996 (

),

and I love it.

This last summer, I got into a car accident, a truck rear ended my civic pretty badly and insurance totaled the vehicle, I choose to keep it and repair the civic myself in order to keep my lovely car.

I got a company to paint my new rear bumper which I replaced from the accident, they also pulled the pushed in metal trunk back into shape.

Sadly, the bumper does not fit as perfect as it used to, it has some small gaps at the end of the assembly (
)

Anytime it rains heavily in my country (Which it does on a day to day basis) my trunk gets filled with water. Literally looks like a pool sometimes. It has become a routine to check the trunk for water and clean it out.

I started to work on the civic trunk to fix the problem of the water. I found out that the water came in from the two “drain” plugs at each side of the trunk. ( )

I decided to make some metal epoxy and I did. I made sure to cover the entire plug + surroundings in epoxy to make it water proof. ( )

https://i.imgur.com/Y5TMV2Z_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

At first I thought it worked out, I only came to find a minute later that water still comes out of that same area, only this time 90% doesn’t come out of the drain plugs, only a small amount came out of the drain plugs.

I really don’t know where to search for any more holes or how to permanently fix this issue. I’d be very happy if someone could help me out on this one.

Thansk in advance everyone!

alex98

I'm having the exact same problem with my Integra. I'm thinking of removing the bolts and squirting some silicone or RTV into the hole to see if that seals the deal.

Dylanhm_

I'm having the exact same problem with my Integra. I'm thinking of removing the bolts and squirting some silicone or RTV into the hole to see if that seals the deal.
I filled those 2 water/drain plugs with a metal epoxy, normal silicone did not keep the water out those two plugs for some reason.

I also probably found the issue why there was still water coming in my civic, I removed the rear plastic panel inside the car. It then revealed two more soaking wet water/drain plugs just behind the already filled ones. Hope this helps you out!