Honda CIVIC OVERHEATING FROM HELL GHOST

camilo

hey i have my fan on all the time but still over heats and i changed the sensor and thermostat i switched it to the sensor car was overheating faster so i switched it back to on all the time fan seem likes is working well
but in traffic or in a red light car over heats ...the fan never stops i checked.....it over heats but never to the h..but 3/4..
should i change the fan? Honda civic 2000 lx ALSO I HIT THE GAS IT GOES DOWN TO THE MIDDLE..SO I CANT SLOW DOWN STOP BIG PROBLEM

FWDKILLER

water pump is shot ,are you smoking in the back?

camilo

and when the car in cool i put coolant in the radiator and when i turn the car on the coolant flies out with the cap off the car bein not driven for hours

FWDKILLER

and when the car in cool i put coolant in the radiator and when i turn the car on the coolant flies out with the cap off the car bein not driven for hours
yeah sounds like your water pump broke it happened to my integra Da9.

FWDKILLER

head gasket you
BLOWN HEAD GASKET!

/thread
head gasket would smoke alot in the tailpipe bud I experience it alot on my Toyota and you can Drive still with blown head gasket but it'll smoke alot. If the water pump is broken it will overheat pretty quickly.

camilo

no smoke ... over heats in traffic but when i hit the gas the guage goes down i replace the water pump 6 months ago and the tremostat and the sensor but i have the fan runing right when i turn on the car... radiator is cluged could that be the problem

FWDKILLER

both of my integra
no smoke ... over heats in traffic but when i hit the gas the guage goes down i replace the water pump 6 months ago and the tremostat and the sensor but i have the fan runing right when i turn on the car... radiator is cluged could that be the problem
both of my integra had that issue where fans won't work but they did overheat after 10 to 30 minutes in traffic but once I get going its fine.
never fixed the issue cause I stop driving them in rush hour.
you might have a bad relay or your radiator is clogged and not flowing right. Check top hose and bottom to see if water is flowing and they are both hot.

camilo

i will change relay and radiator and fan and then head gasket ??? any other things is good to change and maybe water pump

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is the oil or coolant milky looking?
Is there a residue on either coolant cap or oil cap?

it's not blown so your telling I drove 2 years with a blown head gasket lol and new owner still drives it the way it is.
It's possible, more than likely it's just holding on, I bet you pull the head, it will be garbage.
Once the motor has been overheated, damage starts since aluminum doesn't handle heat well.
The more it goes like this, the worse it gets and it will fail.

FWDKILLER

obviously there no coolant in the radiator kiddo so You are guys are wrong and shouldn't give advices.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
obviously there no coolant in the radiator kiddo so You are guys are wrong and shouldn't give advices.
OP never confirmed or denied anything regarding this publicly, hence why I asked.
Apparently via PM it was confirmed the coolant and oil look milky, hence it is a blown HG.

"Advices" huh? Ok...

camilo

ok but before that happend i had the overheating problem ....its ok when driving but when i stop at a light it starts going heating up but when i go it goes down..i want to fix that problem first ...if i fix the head gasket i think i will still have that overheating problem.... i have the fan on all the time..... but still after drivi9ng for 15 minutes and i start stoping it starts heating up but cools down and when i drive.... radiator fluid slowly disappers after 2 weeks but i still have in the radiator......i refill leave the radiator cap off when the car is cool..i start the car coolant shots up being cold..