Hondata Head Gasket

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey what's up people just wondering if anyone has it in there b-series engine can you tell me if there's a difference between the hondata gasket versus the organic head gasket. i was looking at the hondata website and the people who bought the item said that it works. i'm gonna order one this week so any opinion about this itme would be great. thanks again for reading this

alexsracing

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do you mean intake manifold gasket?

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go to autozone or napa they have the same thing for like half the price

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ah dammit i already bought the hondata head gasket :smackself

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you spent like 3 times more on that then the one i am talking about is like 30 bux

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well the one hondata's offering is a hard plastic gasket, and when i went to their website i read from the customers how good the gasket works. oh well at least i bought an item from a reputable company :twisted:

weksos

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you are referring to the Hondata Heatsheild Intake Manifold Gasket, it is suppose to keep the warm temperatures of the head spreading to the intake manifold keeping the intake charge as cool as possible when it reaches combustion.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
weksos said:
If you are referring to the Hondata Heatsheild Intake Manifold Gasket, it is suppose to keep the warm temperatures of the head spreading to the intake manifold keeping the intake charge as cool as possible when it reaches combustion.

so you do feel a difference with it on then

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you are a pro..... lol it is not somethjing that you are gonna be able to feel. at best it will be a 1% gain of any power of horse or torque.....

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it won't be a "feelable" power gain but it is supposed to lower intake temps which i dont' doubt coming out of hondata, and i'd rather have one from hondata than napa ;)

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
it won't be a "feelable" power gain but it is supposed to lower intake temps which i dont' doubt coming out of hondata, and i'd rather have one from hondata than napa ;)

AMEN to that brother :twisted:

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
buzzbombtom said:
if you are a pro..... lol it is not somethjing that you are gonna be able to feel. at best it will be a 1% gain of any power of horse or torque.....

i though it was 5%

weksos

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
somejaykid said:
so you do feel a difference with it on then

every little bit helps. You wont feel the gain, but it is a good compliment to other modifications you do to your engine. It definately does help and we've seen and measured intake manifold temperatures on forced induced cars.

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why would you rather have a hondata one that is made from the same plastic that the napa one is made from. only diffrence is that you get a hondata sticker, i am a name brand whore but when it comes to something like this i would go and get the napa version because it does the same thing is the same color and is cheaper. and you can just say its a hondata one if you really wanted to. and the 5% gain? that would be like a 5hp gain out of your sohc motor.... i dont think its quite that high but i can be wrong....

JDMLyfeStyle

DSM DESTROYER!!!!!
5+ Year Member
Im rockin the AN-R intake manifold Gasket.. everything is identical compared to the Hondata.. The Thickness and material. and the AN-R is cheaper

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buzzbombtom said:
why would you rather have a hondata one that is made from the same plastic that the napa one is made from. only diffrence is that you get a hondata sticker, i am a name brand whore but when it comes to something like this i would go and get the napa version because it does the same thing is the same color and is cheaper. and you can just say its a hondata one if you really wanted to. and the 5% gain? that would be like a 5hp gain out of your sohc motor.... i dont think its quite that high but i can be wrong....
sure i'll be a name whore when it comes to the complaint dept, i've gotten alot of bad s**t from napa, hence why i don't shop there for parts, hondata is a proven company that has done nothing but good for honda's so i say why not, and its only $40 bucks, i dont' care if it does that same s**t, i'm gonna go w/ the one that is proven & one that alot of ppl have had expirences w/

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
shiiiiiiiet....even napa is expensive to a penny pincher like me.. WAL-MART FOR THE WIN!!!