Hood latch broken?

00_SI

I just bought a 2000 honda civic si and the hood latch is messed up. the guy said it has been opened before but he hasnt tried. what could result of this problem?? or how can i open it to look at it??

Finnish~Racer

The ONLY Finnish-Canadian
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the cable runs underneath the front retaining bar....where the headlights bolt to as well as the grill and bumper. just....hmm idk. thats a toughie.

anyone else?

jbwilliam

either the cable isnt pulling right to pop the hood or its all cloged with dirt and it wont click it open. I had the same problem. my civic was in an accident and the hood latch bent a bit and it wouldnt close right. then my brother when i bought the car spray painted the grill without taking it off the car like an idiot and quick fix and the paint gunked up my latch. I had to rip my grill out with my hands cause i was getting a new one and pop it open with a screw driver once i saw the latch. left it open, swapped out the latch and grille and ran the cable right and it worked like a charm.

Tyler5640

1996 civic,2000 si vtec
Yeah just gone have see if cable is pulling, if it is then get someone to pull latch and try move it with screw driver if can get to it the latch probably bent..

00_SI

thanks guys. if the latch is broken what would be the easiest way to open it to perhaps put in hood pins or something..??

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol ron your not human. its not possible to know where everything is in the manual like you. would take us days online to find this stuff. club civic loves you lol in a non gay homo way

durgo

5+ Year Member
Have someone hold back on the hood release handle. while you knock on the hood above the latch or gently pull up on the hood. sometimes this will work.