How do I install speaker in the front door panels?

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was just wondering how to install 6 1/2" speakers in my front doors panels. I have no clue where to start. well basically i just dont nkow how to get to the speakers. i just need to know how to get my door pannels off or even if i have to do that. thats about it. thanks guys

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah you have to take the door panel off. but its really easy to do. if it has automatic windows then you have to take that control thingy off, i dont know how you do that. if its not power windows then you have to take the handle for the windows off. pull on your handle until you can see a pin that is holding it onto your door dont pull too hard though. use a flat panel screw driver or nose pliars to take it out. be careful you dont lose the pin though cuz those things fly. after that find where your panel and the actual door meet and just start prying (sp?) it off with a screw driver. you should here clicking sounds. thats normal. the top part of the panel (where the window comes out of) cant be pryed so just do the sides and the bottom. after all the clips are off lift your panel. the top part of the panel is a hook so you have to lift until it comes off. after your panel comes off be careful of any wire that are attached to it, just take those off. you should be able to see your speaker after that

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all right cool thats help me out a lot thanks

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
for my car.. you dont have to take the door panel off... there is just a cover on the speaker... remove that by just pulling, and then 3 screws hold the speaker in.... just my :2cents:

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i m not to sure tho cause i heard the 4 dr front doors are different from the hatches and coupes?idk

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i doubt that they are different

ChErRyLiCiOuS

i got my tongue pierced!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah in my 98 ex all i had to do was take off the speaker covers--it was really easy and fast...but for the rear speakers above the backseat..i had to take the whole cover thing off and it was kinda hard...well good luck =) oh and BTW what kind of speakers are u putting in? im jus curious =)

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah i just had mine off and the panel off to try and rewire it so i can use the amp for the front speakers. backs are already done. its a pain to get new wires through the door

CivicWI97

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For a 97, I just had to take a flathead screwdriver and pop off the grille. Then take out the two screws holding the speaker on, then unhook the wires. Just hooked those up to the new ones, screw back in, and pop th grilles back on. Took me 5 mins/speaker, much easier than I thought it was going to be.

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's a tip. Solder the speaker wire to the speaker. Only chumps use the stock shitty ass speaker connecters.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sound explain what u mean i have wires run down the side of the car from the amp but i cant get them through the hose in the door. i dont really wanna start cuttin the existing wires + i wanna use thicker wire for my 180 watt speakers

Silver-Shooter

silveRShooter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Sound Streamin'
Here's a tip. Solder the speaker wire to the speaker. Only chumps use the stock shitty ass speaker connecters.
whats wrong with stock speaker connecters?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i dont wanna use the existing i want thicker wire thats why i wanna run new wire through the hose in the door. i cant get it past the 90 degree elbow

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Originally posted by Sound Streamin'
that is the "right" way to do it, but unless you're doing an insane system, it is not needed

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
then if im using the stock wires how to i get the power from my amp to them