How do I Manually Pop My Hood???

Dice316

I Have a 93 Ex coupe but i dont have the keys for my doors just my remote key to lock and unlock them (no alarm yet) and the key for the ignition (ignition was changed which is why there is no original key that fits that and the doors) anyway so my batt must have died or somthing and i cant unlock my car doors with out popping the hood to change the battery my front bumper has all 3 holes cut out (2 for the fog lights and the middle for the intercooler which is no there anymore) back when i 1st got the car the guy that towed it to my house (had no engine) he stuck his hand in the middle big hole of my bumper and reached up under and did somthing and the hood poped like as if you pulled the latch inside the car and then u can just open the hood like normal pulling the side ways latch when the hood is ajar...DOES ANY1 KNOW or have any idea what he may have pulled or done that made the hood pop up like the same as if you were inside the car pulling the hood release button? cuz my car is stuck untill i can do so or till i call AAA to come open my door put if i can learn real quick and do it myself that would help and save me this time and hopfuly if it happens again??? please and thank you

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Feel around for a metal cable... it might be encased with a hard rubber to keep it from rusting, and pull it. I'm pretty sure thats what he pulled.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
He pulled on the hood release cable. You can probably do it yourself. Just feel around for it.

krooked32

snake your hand up where the hood latch is, feel for the cable coming off of it. should be to the right of it if youre facing the hood of the car, give it a nice tug and it should pop the hood then open as usual. or if you cant figure that out, do it from your wheel well through the fender liner i suppose. its a small solid rubber coated cable, not sure what gauge exactly.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you remove the driver side fender liner you can access the cable there too, might be easier to find there

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you remove the driver side fender liner you can access the cable there too, might be easier to find there
Hard to do if you cant pop the hood without bending the piss out of it.

Dice316

yea thanks guys my friend and i were trying to find the small metal wire and we poped just for anyone else future its litteraly right in the same mix of stuff where you pull the latch by the front there is a small metal wire that you have to pull to the left (passengerside) and it pops ur hood...now i just gota change the batt thanks all