How do I prevent people from stealing my car?

nykwon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or...what alarm should i get and waht features should I look for? My neighbor just got his GSR stolen and auto theft is very common in my town. I dont have powerlocks/windows either....Should I get Si doors first and then get the alaarm? I need to protect my investment so I need to choose wisely

OveRBoOSTCiViC

VIETNAMEZE
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Split off your Fuel wire from PIN OUT ecu map. So , You can switch on/off the fuel. When you park switch it off, if someone trying to steal your car, it would barley make it down a street. it will bog. Get an alarm with hood pins,motion sensor 360 inbound/outbound, hidden start button, take off the starter line from your ignition so that you canr start from key.. If you want me to hook it up.. I'll do it for you.. holla back

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "b16a2allmotor"

Split off your Fuel wire from PIN OUT ecu map. So , You can switch on/off the fuel. When you park switch it off, if someone trying to steal your car, it would barley make it down a street. it will bog. Get an alarm with hood pins,motion sensor 360 inbound/outbound, hidden start button, take off the starter line from your ignition so that you canr start from key.. If you want me to hook it up.. I'll do it for you.. holla back
daaaaang. good ideas :idea:

i will need to learn that shtuff, once i get my car hooktup.

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get the alarm that releases tear gas and gives the thief a 100,000 volt shock! Just try not to set it off by accident, oops!

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "caddy"

get the alarm that releases tear gas and gives the thief a 100,000 volt shock! Just try not to set it off by accident, oops!
or you can hook up blow horns to your alarm. put like 5 of them hidden in your car so it blows the f**kers ear dumbs :twisted:

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just hearing you say that nearly blew my ears out...... :!: :shock:

having your car towed away is a much used tactic these days....... the only way to prevent that from happening is to drop your car so low that the tow unit can't get under it...... disable your door locks so the doors can only be opened with your key fob or the key. get hood locks. install the fuel cutoff, and put the switch way out of site, like behind the cup holder area or on the back of your center console.

the rule of thumb is if a thief wants your car he will take it. your objective is to make it as difficult as possible for him/her. i think 30 seconds is the break point... if they can't have your car moving in that time they will give up and move on. good luck

Project Zero

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dude i am sorry to break this to you. If they want youre stuff they will take it, no matter how many anti-theft devices you have. My uddies type R was towed out of his drive way last month. that is the best example i can give you. :cry:

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, i heard people do that when they know that the repo man is gonna come take their ride

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeh my neighbor's gsr got stolen from right in front of his house even with cameras on his garage door. He watched the guy on tape steal it the next day, but couldn't make him out.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if someone wants your car bad enough, no matter how much security you have on it, they will get it. you can have all the alarms, cut off switches, etc you want, but if that theif has a truck with a tow bar or a tow truck, he'll get your car.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My dad designed his alarm for his m roadster. It is awesome...cost him 25 bucks and a few trips to radioshack. Its invisible, loud and very effective. He has motion sensors, bump sensors, hood sensors, and a few other things.

panuwat

Lost Honda
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i've never heard of anyone stealing your car with a tow truck... around here people just break into your car and steal your ish... it sucks ass when you have the things you work so hard for, taken away by some chump... when my pioneer head unit got stolen, i didn't even consider my car a car anymore... maybe a bus

MystiCiViC97Ex

**FeEL THe GIrL**
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you don't want to worry about your car getting stolen or broken into..sleep inside of your car. That way the only thing you have to worry about is being car jacked.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and shot..... :guns:

my car is not worth my life..... if someone wants it so bad, they're welcome to take it

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anyone can do anything they want to my car... with my insurance... all i have to pay is 50.00, and then i get everything else covered....

broken window -- 50.00
stolen cd player -- 50.00
anything -- 50.00

i love my car... but if anyone wants in... go ahead...

MystiCiViC97Ex

**FeEL THe GIrL**
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "abej6"

anyone can do anything they want to my car... with my insurance... all i have to pay is 50.00, and then i get everything else covered....

broken window -- 50.00
stolen cd player -- 50.00
anything -- 50.00

i love my car... but if anyone wants in... go ahead...
Who is your insurance comp.? Let me find out that I need to switch