how do i tell if the front end is oem or not?

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think i might get a 99-00 front end. anybody know how i can tell if the parts are oem? do each part have a vin number on it?

do they make aftermarket oem style parts yet?

do they oem headlights say stanley on them and everything?

how about the hood, how can i tell..

thanks.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think they make aftermarket oem parts. was your car already modded slightly when you bought it? sorry...cant help you out with the headlights, i already sold mine

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes they make afternarket oem parts. That is what most collision centers use after a car had been crashed. its cheaper for them, but they still charge you alot.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so how i tell if they're aftermarket or not?

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what i meant was that the aftermarket wont have a vin# OEM will. the afternarket will just have a part #

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hwo about, the OEM one will firt PERFECT! and you'll prolly run into a couple of fittin problems with the aftermarket one.

my guess anyway

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the vin number will say vin# something something right?

and does each part have a number on it?

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it should have the OEM part number from honda. i believe you could look up the OEM part # from the Helm's manual. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

or you could go to the dealership and just get a quote on the parts that you need. they should be able to give you a print out with the OEM honda part numbers in it as well.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the oem bumpers comes in flat black............ and, i think they have the word "honda" on the somewhere.......... the hood should have a warning label on the underside, i cant remember what for just now....... the headlights also say honda on them. ill have to go, look, and confirm.........

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the headlights should say stanley wether JDM or USDM and should have a DOT serial number on the front of the headlight assembly.

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OEM parts have a part# stamped on somewhere. The Helm's manual is not big on part #'s, just how to remove and replace parts. :D

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
This is easy: if a part has a red Honda sticker on it with a part number, it's OEM. Anything else is less worthy. ;)

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coo. but i dont think im going to get it afterall. i have to save my money so i can move down south for schooooling.

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "imazn"

coo. but i dont think im going to get it afterall. i have to save my money so i can move down south for schooooling.
oh... damn im late..... oh well heres a pic of my friends bumper... oem sticker

(shoes were 18.97 at walmart -- comfy as hell!!!)

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
all good...i have 2 pairs of shoes from walmart...$10...VELCRO!!!

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hehe thx bro i'll keep that in mind if i ever do the conversion. nice shoes.. dang for 20 bucks i should go and get myself a pair. i got too many pair of shoes anyways =P