how do you fix this one

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I just noticed that one of the lug bolts on the drivers side rear has broken completely off! f#*K mE! Is this some thing easily fixed or does it have to go to the shop?

Thanks!

stolibears

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
pictures better then words....ok lets count 1,2,3.......huh?! where'd that go?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oops! that needs to be done at a shop... the hub has to be pressed apart in order to take the studs out.

stolibears

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oh schnikies!

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I didn't think it was that hard to replace the studs. My boy was going to replace my studs for longer ones free of charge last year but he did have a shop tho :???:

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i drove on 3 for a long time and 2. if you look at my sig you can see 3 lug nuts

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4doorcivic16 said:
i drove on 3 for a long time and 2. if you look at my sig you can see 3 lug nuts
LOL, yea just look at his sig!
:rolf:

stolibears

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
driving on 2? i hope there wasn't any big pot holes in your area. lol

yeah, your right, it's got to be pressed out or a ball peen hammer which I don't have. looks like from the haynes and chilton guides they also recommend new bearing and possibly new axile nut because they don't like you using the old ones. I've an appt. at a shop across the street in the morn.

when I inspected the damage, there was one loose lug and only 2 really holding it in. the reason I checked is cause I would hear a kind of vibrating noise when I was taking hard right turns. I hope I didn't mess up anything else.

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had mine press out then pressed back in wiht new studs then back out to raplace the whell baring and back in now the same whell bearing went out again. so i would get new whell baring and nut and all and have it presed out dont try and do it with a hamer and socket you will end up messing up the hub .

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had the same thing happen on my Pathfinder a year ago. Knocking the stud out of the hub was easy, but getting the hub apart was a complete pain in the ass. If you have the time and the tools do it yourself, shop time isn't cheap

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my bro's still drving on 3lugs. s**t, we drove across country on 3lugs ><

stolibears

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well, got it fixed yesturday 66 bones at the local shop. the bad stud cost $6. not terrible, but that's still good beer money lost :???: