How do you know when you need stiches???

Zenray

7@WOT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cut my leg and it won't stop bleeding...but putting pressure on it but it just bleeds through

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wen it wont stop bleeding ovbivilusly

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wolfy said:
Wen it wont stop bleeding ovbivilusly
:rolf:

I'd have it looked atleast, or put some idodine or alcohol on i.

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yup it does.. VOADKA FTYQW!!!!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
All kinds of things can make you need stitches. Depth of the wound, length of the wound, or location of the wound for some.

Go to the ER and they can tell you.

How long has it been bleeding?

I once stepped on an X-acto knife and it bled for more than six hours. I just kept pressure on it. eventually went to the ER when it was still bleeding a bit six hours later. Drove myself to the ER (clutch foot too... that sucked) and they checked me out. Didn't need stitches. I think they put some heavy duty sticky bandage stuff on it, but I can't really remember.

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So what do you do when you cut yourself and it won't stop bleeding?
Call me crazy but I wouldn't be posting on CC for sure :rolf::rolf::rolf:
This guy probably passed out at the keyboard....

Zenray

7@WOT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:( Yea i was slightly intoxicated when posting that, i don't like hospitals so i was seeking some other solution, i actually did pass out on the keyboard. Funny part is it is still bleeding

jak

shaken...... not stirred.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
u can put something on there called a steri strip. its a very adhesive plastic strip that holds the wound together so u dont need stitches. sorry dont know where u can get one though.

Zenray

7@WOT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
jak said:
u can put something on there called a steri strip. its a very adhesive plastic strip that holds the wound together so u dont need stitches. sorry dont know where u can get one though.
If any one else knows would be greatly appericated...lol its still bleeding (at least its not as heavy as it was at first) :smackself

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try, gauze, butterfly bandages, and some anti-biotic.

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not to long ago I got pissed off and threw a pepsi can as hard as I could and I look down and my whole arm was covered in blood, I sliced my finger open very very deep, it bled for hours upon hours, but I just rinsed it sterilized it and kept fresh bandages on it and it was fine .... I did the same thing when I was about 12, sliced my finger open with a swiss army knife.

But if you have Health Insurance you might just want to go to the ER?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
6 hours later and it's still bleeding? If it has not stopped bleeding yet and you have no been to the ER then you need to get off of your ass and get there. 6 hours of bleeding is definitely not good.... In case you didnt know - you need blood to live. If you keep bleeding for hours and hours and don't do anything about it you could be doing serious harm to yourself.

one6

Shorts and Sandals FTW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
An excellent substitution for that sticky wet adhesive bandage is... the inner skin of an egg. Go to your refrigerator, crack open an egg, dump everything inside of it. Covering the inside part of the egg shell is a layer of a skin like substance (carefully slide your finger across the egg shell and you should see what I'm talking about. Be carefull not to tear it. Remember to clean your wound before you apply it. Just pinch togerther your wound, apply the egg skin, keep holding it together untill it dries a little. It's just like stiches without the stiches. I accidently sliced my eye brow once and I would have needed stiches, but i did this instead and it worked. Now I have a barely noticable scar.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Super glue works really well too. Carbon bonders ftw.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just go to the pharmacy and ask for some steri-strips. They're nice to have around anyway.

The egg could end up making things worse and I'd only use it as a last resort. Last resort as in you're in the wildreness and need something to stop the bleeding and you find an egg.

Zenray

7@WOT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thx. i went and got some steri-strips. I don't have health insurance which is why i didnt go to the doctor. I guess the reason it wouldnt stop bleeding was that at time i cut it, I had already had half a bottle of crown royal. Apparently alcohol thins the blood, doesnt really clot too well...who would have thought :smackself

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just be a man and stitch it up yourself :x