How hard is it to get gas out of a 98' Civic's tank?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No drain plug on mine.....UK Civic, I checked all round with a torch (flashlight) and there's nothing!
I just checked. You do have a drain bolt.

Here's a comparison of US versus UK.

You should look harder. It might not be obvious because of undercoating or one of the protective covers some cars have.

UK

US

If need be I can go take a photo of the drain bolt on a tank.

dontknow

5+ Year Member

You should look harder. It might not be obvious because of undercoating or one of the protective covers some cars have.

UK

US

If need be I can go take a photo of the drain bolt on a tank.

I honestly didnt see/feel one, I had a good look with a torch (flashlight) but will look again.

dontknow

5+ Year Member

You should look harder. It might not be obvious because of undercoating or one of the protective covers some cars have........If need be I can go take a photo of the drain bolt on a tank.

Mine's a UK 99' 1.6 auto est..

Just had another look....

I dont have one, I was right underneath up on ramps with the torch (flashlight) and there's nothing, no drain bolt, must somthing to with UK law's but there's deff not one there.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mine's a UK 99' 1.6 auto est..

Just had another look....

I dont have one, I was right underneath up on ramps with the torch (flashlight) and there's nothing, no drain bolt, must somthing to with UK law's but there's deff not one there.
I just posted the images from the UK parts catalog from Honda. The car I looked up there was a '98 VTi hatch.

In the event you can't find one, I doubt it has anything to do with UK law.

dontknow

5+ Year Member
Mine's the est....I dont know why I dont have one, but I deff dont, I had a bloody good look under it tonight, and there's no bolt. It's undersealed yes, I shone the torch and ran my finger's in the "grove's" thinking it might be there......nope!

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was thinking perhaps you have two cars since the thread title asked how to get gas out of a '98.

The '99 Civic ES Aerodeck (I had to guess which trim to choose) doesn't appear to have one.

You have to realize that most of the people on this site are based in the US, so when you say you have a Civic, we assume it's a Civic coupe, hatch or sedan. We don't have the Aerodeck or five door, which might as well be named something completely different than "Civic". Most of the world doesn't get the Aerodeck or five door since they are the rarest Civic body styles.

MOST COMMON
sedan
hatch
coupe
Aerodeck
Five-door
LEAST COMMON

It's okay though, because most people don't know what countries get each car, even if they're interested in them.

Since they do have cars that have the drain plugs in the UK, then I don't think one model not having the plug has anything to do with there being a law against it.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
are you trying to steal gas?

dontknow

5+ Year Member
I was thinking perhaps you have two cars since the thread title asked how to get gas out of a '98.

The '99 Civic ES Aerodeck (I had to guess which trim to choose) doesn't appear to have one.

You have to realize that most of the people on this site are based in the US, so when you say you have a Civic, we assume it's a Civic coupe, hatch or sedan. We don't have the Aerodeck or five door, which might as well be named something completely different than "Civic". Most of the world doesn't get the Aerodeck or five door since they are the rarest Civic body styles.

MOST COMMON
sedan
hatch
coupe
Aerodeck
Five-door
LEAST COMMON

It's okay though, because most people don't know what countries get each car, even if they're interested in them.

Since they do have cars that have the drain plugs in the UK, then I don't think one model not having the plug has anything to do with there being a law against it.

Yes I do have 2..

The one I want get the petrol out of is a 99' 1.6Vti Aerodeck...

My other one is a 98 1.8Vti Aerodeck

I dont understand why I dont have the plug....but I dont..

So I guess I'm in the sh1t, all I wanted was take the fuel from one into the other as it's full!, and the car's not getting used.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude ......one week old gas????? your going through wayyyyy to much work here bud.

dontknow

5+ Year Member
It's just that the car it's in, isnt going to used for a very long time, all I want to do is get the fuel out to use it the other one.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How long will the car not be used?

dontknow

5+ Year Member
About 6 mth's....as I put it off the road, and using the other one, hence want to get it out.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think he wants to use the gas from the 98 civic cause gas is f**kin crazy expensive these days. idk i would probably do the same thing

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seems liek its more of a headache than its worth though....if i couldnt find a drain plug id call it a day and add some sta bil top it off then run it for a few minutes and let it sit...

dontknow

5+ Year Member
put STA-BIL in it and let it chill
Never heard of it!

i think he wants to use the gas from the 98 civic cause gas is f**kin crazy expensive these days. idk i would probably do the same thing
Exactly!

seems liek its more of a headache than its worth though....if i couldnt find a drain plug id call it a day and add some sta bil top it off then run it for a few minutes and let it sit...
it's one thing not having a drain plug....

But another when you cant syphon it out because of the design of the filler tube/neck.....fkn Honda! :evil: