How hard is it to get gas out of a 98' Civic's tank?

dontknow

5+ Year Member
I filled up the other night, but it broke down, so using the other car just now, but as it'll be a few week's before it's fixed, I want to get the fuel out to use in the other car. I tried syphoning it but it wouldnt come out (Iv'e got the proper pump), but when I got the hose in, I took it back out and it was dry :???:

Is there an anti-syphon device in Civic's tanks or something?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I wouldn't think a few weeks would be too bad. There is a fuel drain on the tank though. It'd probably be easier to totally empty it if the tank is off the car.

-hotdog

5+ Year Member
Is there an anti-syphon device in Civic's tanks or something?
most cars within the last 10 years or so have an anti-siphon device in the tank...

the tube would look like this
| _|
|_ |
| _|

something like that...to stop thieves.

Sprint_2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol that Anti Syphon device looks like some kinda Anti Dildo :D lol jk bro

dontknow

5+ Year Member
most cars within the last 10 years or so have an anti-siphon device in the tank...

the tube would look like this
| _|
|_ |
| _|

something like that...to stop thieves.

So basically I'm fkd....I cant get it out...barstard...:evil:

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn. if you're really desperate, drill a hole in the tank. haha

silentdaredevil

Its not slow, its lag
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you don't have to drill a hole in the tank. There is a drain plug on the driver side rear corner. And the reason you can't syphon it out is because if you ever seen the fill hose that goes into the tank it has a vareity of different bends and it would be very difficult to get a hose down there.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I already said there's a drain plug on the bottom. Guess the OP missed that.

dontknow

5+ Year Member
Cheers, I'll have a look for it tomorrow, Iv'e never known anything to have a drain plug (well car wise), if I have it and find it/loosen it, will it need a new bolt and/or washer.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Cheers, I'll have a look for it tomorrow, Iv'e never known anything to have a drain plug (well car wise), if I have it and find it/loosen it, will it need a new bolt and/or washer.
No, you can reuse it.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
your oilpan has a drain plug too ;)

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
or you can pull the bottom of the back seat out, your fuel pump is right there

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
or you can pull the bottom of the back seat out, your fuel pump is right there
Why go through that hassle or the chance of spilling it in the car when there's already a drain bolt on the bottom of the tank?

dontknow

5+ Year Member
Exactly, I'll look for it today....I guess if I dont have one, I'll try and get one of the pipe's off.

dontknow

5+ Year Member
No drain plug on mine.....UK Civic, I checked all round with a torch (flashlight) and there's nothing!

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
be nice!

Pull out the rear seats. Once you're there, there is a cover piece (with two fuel lines). Pull that out and there's your fuel pump.

dontknow

5+ Year Member
I was till numb nut's suggetsed better not be drilling hole's ffs :roll:

I know what you mean, but the pump's sitting off to 1 side, and I cant get the left one of the 3 nut's, as it's just under the "lip" of the hole..:evil:

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
mod: why delete my post? I was just giving a point. Someone suggested drilling the tank and even though he was kidding you never know these days....

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No drain plug on mine.....UK Civic, I checked all round with a torch (flashlight) and there's nothing!
What year, body and trim level?