How much horsepower will this give me?

BrokeLX

http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Silver-Logo-Black-Valve/dp/B00196XG14/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_img_b

Noticed I was missing 3 or so of my valve stem caps, got bored on Amazon, and these bad boys should be here in a few days.

Also ordered, received and replaced the wife's 2001 4dr LX's hub caps yesterday. Applied some tire shine while the wheels were off and her car looks 100% better. Will get some pics soon.

But seriously. I'm thinking 6 more hp and 4-5 more tq.

Thoughts?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:lol:

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
These results are typical, and may vary +/- 3 WHP depending on the color (due to specific heat transference of the color spectrum). Flux capacitor.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Actually looking at them, they aren't as aerodynamic and probably are heavier then the black plastic ones most use.

DOPEYBOY247

5+ Year Member
+9 hp +6tq and 14% better gas mileage

but these will decrease your cars weight by 10%, improve handling, cornering & braking.

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
maybe you should take out your rear seats to even it out :rolf:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm going to slide this thread over to off topic.

XxCivic98xX

5+ Year Member
probably a gain of about 20-30 horses. i would add some stickers too. they add about 2HP. But it depends on where you put them

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
So how many HP per wheel? Does it gain HP in the rear wheels since you are putting it on all 4 tires? Graphs and pics would help.

BrokeLX

Going to run them without a tune for a week or so. And I definitely think they will give me a boost in power at the rear wheels.

Technically I will have AWD!

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You don't have a driveshaft so technically, you don't.

If you mean they'll free up rotational weight, thus allowing your wheels to spin faster, then yes, that could be correct ;). But that's still not happening :lol:.

VSP

Just hand me the wrench.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ Brother, please. This will free up at least .0000000473 ounces of unsprung weight, plenty in order to swap in that 6-CD changer unit in the trunk without worrying about adverse weight adding.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i say just get stickers, they give you more hp than valve stems here is the proof, car has like 4000 hp

Lopez619

Hector
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^ if you're gunna go that far you WILL need a tune before you run it, It would be utter madness if not.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
That dude has ABC-7 and Motel 9 stickers!!!! Jesus.....

Cant even be sure what car it is. I THINK its a 5th gen sedan.

:lol:

Last edited: