How the hell

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#1
How the hell do you get that little metal wire peice back on that holds in the bulb on a 6th gen. I've been trying and I'm not doing much but pissing myself off. Please some one tell me an easy way or something. Maybe the right way to do it.
 

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#3
mymmeryloss said:
Says it right in the topic man. But anyways, I realized I am a dumb ass, and I could remove the bulb from the harness instead of trying to install it in the harness.... durrrr
 

Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#4
Blahman240 said:
How the hell do you get that little metal wire peice back on that holds in the bulb on a 6th gen. I've been trying and I'm not doing much but pissing myself off. Please some one tell me an easy way or something. Maybe the right way to do it.
ya it can be quite a little b***h sometimes :evil: i have this little tool that my dad gave me, its about 6in long, real skinny, and has a little "fork" at the end and it makes it a lot easier... see if u can find something like that :what:
 


Machinehead115

Team Four Door
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#6
mymmeryloss said:
i'm sorry i couldnt tell what bulb you were talking about. really not sure i still understand...
anyway..
he's talking about the little metal thing on the back of the 6th gen headlights that holds the bulb in place...
 

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#7
oh, I prob should have mentioned it was a head light bulb I was talking about, lol, thanks.
 

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#8
lol are u serious? that clip u have to push in, pull over, and comes out? lol i got it the first time i ever did it when i changed my bulbs...

not to be a d**k tho....but really didnt think it was hard at all
 

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#9
Machinehead115 said:
he's talking about the little metal thing on the back of the 6th gen headlights that holds the bulb in place...
well this is def in the wrong forum then.

god people get all lippy when they cant even post in the right spot.
unbelievable.
chris
 

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#10
mymmeryloss said:
well this is def in the wrong forum then.

god people get all lippy when they cant even post in the right spot.
unbelievable.
chris
How? I consider a headlight electric. Hence why its in electronics.
 

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#11
electronis means dvd player, playstations, xbox, screens, cd player etc...

should be in exterior since a headlight is in exterior, or the generation of your car.
not a big deal, just was wondering why you were like its in the title, when it wasnt. obviously i didnt understand, and it was misleading.
chris
 

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#12
I didn't say its in the title, I said its in the topic, which it is.
 

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#15
amej8 said:
lol are u serious? that clip u have to push in, pull over, and comes out? lol i got it the first time i ever did it when i changed my bulbs...

not to be a d**k tho....but really didnt think it was hard at all
The only time Jason and I have had any trouble was on a foglight with the same style of clip. The piece of metal holding it on broke. :what:
 

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#16
I have my girlfriend do it for me, my hands are too big to reach on the driver side headlight, even moving the power steering resevoir doesnt help.
 

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#17
mymmeryloss said:
just say your sorry, its not that hard.
things like this just bother me

wow... he genuinely thought he posted in the right spot. he doesnt have to apologize to self-righteous forum-nazis like you...

If you arent going to help him out, dont post. This doesnt help the community grow it just alienates people and makes them afraid to speak up and ask questions about their car problems.

Next time maybe suggest that this is more of an exterior forum topic, but since you already found the post, you can try to put some insight into the problem.
 

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#18
postal21 said:
wow... he genuinely thought he posted in the right spot. he doesnt have to apologize to self-righteous forum-nazis like you...

If you arent going to help him out, dont post. This doesnt help the community grow it just alienates people and makes them afraid to speak up and ask questions about their car problems.

Next time maybe suggest that this is more of an exterior forum topic, but since you already found the post, you can try to put some insight into the problem.
Thanks, but nothing will scare me away, lol. I'm usto people being assholes on forums, I started out on honda-tech.

Slick_99 said:
I have my girlfriend do it for me, my hands are too big to reach on the driver side headlight, even moving the power steering resevoir doesnt help.
pshhh f**k power steering and ac, I don't have either, lol.
 

oc_civic

....................
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#19

oc_civic

....................
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
#20
as a rule of thumb if it is generation specific that is the forum it goes in..

if not use the general forums

example:

"how do i install foglights in my ek"
goes in 6th gen

"what foglight bulbs are the brightest"
goes in EXTERIOR

hope that helps clear that up..
 






VigLink badge