How To: 6th gen icebox

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well when your on a paid vacation you get bored (well i do anyhow) so i took a look at that 6th gen airbox and tried to comprehend on how to do the DIY icebox well, NO DICE on them w/o a few minor modifications ;) so i put my peanut brain to work and found a way so here it is ;) & its also a sort of DIY spoon elbow at the same time ;) BTW: if ONE person mentions the green dont' worry i already know :roll:

Parts NEEDED :
6th gen upper box portion (obviously)
any cheepo SRI

Tools NEEDED :
Dremel
Hacksaw
Rubber mallet
screw driver (gotta get technical ;) )

STEP #1:
first take your dremel and make some starter spots for the hack saw, and cut out the portion that i will have picutured below ;)

STEP #2:
now take a tape measure and measure from halfway inside of the rubber piece that will connect to the lid of the airbox (can't miss it only rubber piece there ;) ) all the way to the end of the throttle body, now take that measurement and your going to cut your SRI at an angle w/ the low side of the angle pointing towards the passenger fender like this / now take the rubber mallet and you want to make it sort of a OBB long pipe now (since the inlet that this is going to go into is obb long also)

STEP #3:
now this is the method that i used but someone may think of a better idea so have at it, now get yourself a self tapping screw and remove the SRI from the car and your going to drive a self tapper into the intake (you'll thank yourself later for starting it first i promise) then remove it and install the intake back on the car & once again halfway through the rubber piece on the box then secure the rubber piece w/ the self tapper.

STEP #4:
for the RAM air portion of this you can get that at any hardware store, your going to need to measure about how much you'll need for where ever your going to place the ram air tube, & on the 6th gen box you should be able to get a tube w/ an OD that you can just clamp it down, if not you may have to cut the bottom part of the box, now simply aquire this and run it in a way you so desire ;)

here is my outcome (which i'm pretty pleased w/ for my first DIY) & if anyone has some other suggestions please throw em out there ;) as far as intake sound, its not nearly as loud as the SRI but still noticeable ;)

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
woot for making your brain work on your vacation lol:P

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice!!

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EG-Owns you said:
woot for making your brain work on your vacation lol:P
:lol: hey gotta do something to cure the bordem ;)

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
j_fukin_t said:
:lol: hey gotta do something to cure the bordem ;)

ahahah thats were girls and video games come into play

and markwont be back tell monday noooo00000 lol have to wait tell monday to ask his opinion on some things now :evil:

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EG-Owns you said:
ahahah thats were girls and video games come into play
naw thats where your 1 yr old lil boy comes in to play ;) girls out here are nothing but walking std's SOOO i keep my distance if ya know what i mean, and i got rid of all my game systems

EG-Owns you

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well then you dont want none of them girls hmmm no game system shesh idk what to tell ya start rebuilding somthing or making somthing new you will get board again ahaha im at work so i have nothing to be board about just putting off work lol

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
neat minus all the cutting.. if you just removed the resonator (the larger portion of the intake to the right; it unscrews) i think you would have a cleaner install.. good idea.. but the back of that box looks pretty hacked up.. also are you still using a drop in filter here? can we get some shots of the intake with the lid off of it.. and like a rear shot of the intake pipe inot the box from behind?

thanks..

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DIY icebox ftw. i have one in my 4th gen.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks better then open eliment intakes, not as loud. better looking, possibly colder air, with out worrying about water being sucked up