How To: 6th Generation Black Housing Headlights

mhscivic08

5+ Year Member
has anyone done this with projector headlights??

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did this on my 97 hatch just this past weekend. came out great! very happy. also installed my new jdm yellow foggies while my bumper was off so i am pretty f**kin happy haha

latinstyle69

5+ Year Member
here is mine done! but what ive come to realise is that the side bit for the indicator in the states is orange where mine are chrome ..take a look

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hmm...thats interesting.

Are those OEM headlights that you painted...?

drekoe

5+ Year Member
hey guys. im doing this DIY as we speak. 96-98 headlights. half way done. so far so good. i just had a question. for those people who did this. did you guys remove the inside "cover" of the headlight bulb? i have seen some people remove it. just wondering how you get it off. and if it involves the back screws, will it misalign the headlight reflection area? the one that stays chrome.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i didnt need to do anything with those chrome pieces in your picture. you can just leave them in and paint the chrome surrounds. i wouldnt recommend painting the headlight and turn signal reflectors

drekoe

5+ Year Member
yeah i know i didnt paint the turn signal or the headlight reflector. and i decided to leave that bulb cover on. they came out pretty dam good. i had to put in more work because they were foggy, so a few weeks ago i purchased Crystal View from wal mart. i was surprised at how that product worked. it actually cleaned the lens. they look almost new. needed a bit more sanding tho, but other than that, i was happy with the result.

cerasoli1188

Love/Hate Relationship
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had to put in more work because they were foggy, so a few weeks ago i purchased Crystal View from wal mart. i was surprised at how that product worked. it actually cleaned the lens. they look almost new. needed a bit more sanding tho, but other than that, i was happy with the result.
was that the stuff in the silver packet I used that stuff I was like damn !!! haha it worked lol