How To: 6th Generation Upper Mesh Grill (DIY)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DIY: Custom Grill

well i just redid my diy custom grill i did a few months ago. i replaced the grill to a better quality one.
I thought to myself... hey why not... create a diy... i know its bin done b4... but why not again, some people don know how to use the search button.

DIY for 96-99 Civics...

Remember this is a DIY i am not responsible for you messing up... but ask questions if needed.
Also, this is a second DY i did for the grill, so a dremil might have to be used to cut the center out of your stock oem grill as mine was already done in my first time....

DIY Duration: Approx 30 min to finish
Materials Needed:
Dremil - if not already cut
Marker
Screwdriver
Tin Snips
Gutter Guard - Found at home depot (shown)

1 Unscrew the Grill from the bumper - 4 push pins under hood, and 4 screws on bumper, you must remove the bumer to do this - Cut out center if needed with dremil.

2 Remove Grill - Duh...

3 Unscrew the outer portion from the inner portion.

4 Like So - Ooohhhh, Ahhhh.....

5 these next couple steps i find easier the way i do it, makes it cleaner in the end.
Screw the Gutter guard on to the outer portion of grill...

6 Like So - Ooohhhh, Ahhhh.....

7 Mark the perimiter of the grill with the marker.
Then cut with Tin Snips, now children ask your parents for permission if not old enough... lol

8 Once cut remove the screws and re-attach outer portion and -rescrew

9 - Complete

10 Now just re-place onto car...

Before First DIY

After First DIY

After Third DIY (latest)

Whatever grill you choose will determin the look of the grill...
thicker mesh will give a brighter look, a thinner mesh will give a darker look...
There are Black, grome, thick and thin meshes available, choose what you desire...