How To: 96-00 Civic OEM Splashguard Install

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here is my own little how-to for everyone installing the Honda Access Splash Guards on their 6th gen Civic. This how-to will work for any body style (coupe, hatch, and sedan), all the holes are in the same place. The only difference is how the rears are shaped (hatches are different from coupes/sedans).

Code:
[b]Part Numbers:[/b]
96-98 2/4DR  -  08P00-S01-101
96-00 3DR    -  08P00-S00-100
99-00 2/4DR  -  08P00-S01-102
Here's the rundown:

1. Gather all the splash guards, hardware, and tools:

Code:
[B]Required Items:[/b]
2 Front Splash Guards (L/R)
2 Rear Splash Guards (L/R)
6 Self-Tapping Screws (Front)
6 Self-Tapping Screws (Rear)
4 Spring Nuts
2 Plastic Grommets

[B]Required Tools:[/b]
Stubby Screwdriver and/or Offset Screwdriver (Phillips)
Jack and Jackstands
Lug Wrench
Lugnut Key (If Applicable)

2. Turn your wheel toward the side of your car that you are working on. This will allow you adequate room to install the splash guard. Note the location of the screw holes. Remove the screw denoted with the yellow arrow.

*NOTE* - If you still have your fender liner in place, there will be screws in each hole. If your kit did not come with the front hardware, reuse all these screws.

3. Gather three of your six self-tapping screws.

4. Mount up the splash guard and install the screws in the earlier noted holes. Make sure you you flush the splash guard up with the side skirt.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 on the opposite side of the car. Step back and admire your work. This is a good time to get a beer before starting on the rears. :lol:

6. Gather one rear splash guard, three self-tapping screws, two spring nuts, and a plastic grommet.

7. Jack up the side of the car you are working on. Secure with a jackstand.

**Never work under your car using only the jack as a support. This is very dangerous, not to mention stupid.**

8. Remove your rear wheel (unless you've got tiny hands and are using a really small offset screwdriver).

9. Push the plastic grommet into the square hole on the rear of the fender well. Slide the spring nuts over the very top and very bottom screw indentations on the bumper. With your screwdriver and a little bit of force, pre-thread the screws into the bumper. Remove the screws.

10. Mount up the rear splash guard, making sure the bottom lip of the bumper is in the channel groove.

11. Install the three self-tapping screws. Leave the bottom one slightly loose. Holding the splash guard by the bottom, press upward to flush it up with the bottom of the bumper. Tighten the bottom screw.

Mount your wheel back on the hub, and propperly torque your lugnuts. Jack the car up, remove the jackstand, and lower the car back onto the ground.

12. Repeat steps 6-11 on the opposite side of the car.

Congratulations, you have installed your factory splash guards!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
better finished pics?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
better finished pics?
Is there some confusion as to how they go on? :lol:

I'll go take a full side shot. ;)

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Updated with new pictures.

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ehh idk know they look alright..i am not a fan but o well

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CivicEX13 said:
ehh idk know they look alright..i am not a fan but o well
Does this seem like a post you should make in a how-to?

Nobody cares if you like them. This thread is an instructional guide to install a part.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Eran said:
Does this seem like a post you should make in a how-to?

Nobody cares if you like them. This thread is an instructional guide to install a part.
:werd: good write up E ;)

xposigroovex

5+ Year Member
Thanks for this post. I referenced it before installing mine today. Even though it was easy it's great to have a resource with nice big pics and tips to make it easier. Thanks!

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the write up.... always great to have more how-tos for anything!

97civicMan

Knucklehead h8r
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ummmm super old thread.........check the date homie