How To: Best DIY Immobilizer.

shabutie88

ok i get most of this. do you leave the magnet on the reed relay or do you simply jsut swipe it? and where do you connect your grounds? and you ahve to connect 2 wires to the battery. do you connect them like you are connecting hids?
For the reed relay, you just swipe it once. That way when you have passengers with you, they won't even notice you deactivating the kill switch. Just a quick swipe on the keys across your secret spot. After you swipe it, the LED should go off and the car should start normally. If the reed relay isn't staying closed, go back and check to make sure all your grounds are solid and check your other connections. For the grounds, I just connected them to any bolt that was grounded to the chassis. Yes, you do connect 2 wires to the battery. The way I did it was spliced the two 12v lines (using a butt connector) while they were still in the car into one, and then ran the 1 wire through the firewall to the battery.

pinoiballa14

Deretsiger Resu
what kind of wires did you use. becuase the guy told me to get automotive wire. but the auto tire is thick. do you think it would be safe to use regular hook up wires?

BonyCatfish

This is sick, I will build this within a month and post pictures

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't mean to bring this back from the dead, but does anyone have pictures of the install for this? I really need to get this on because the alarm in my car doesn't really work well, and this car gets attention. (for some unkown reason)