How To: city lights into usdm 6th gen headlights

el_betiyo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Petey,

by any chance you have a pic with your hid's on? does the city light stays on? or off?

Thanks

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice write up

the pics dont do u justice. im sure they look better in real life. the wiring diagram got me interested...i will end up doing this some day. great stuff! :guns: :rice:

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice petey, urs came out really nice. im here just reading up on questions and was hoping to see more pics of ppl doing this. lol

ever since day1 i have still not had a problem. i cut the red wire to my cornerlights so that they only blink and are not constantly on. this is how my car looks to this day

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
where are you guys getting the city light sockets???
thanks

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
where are you guys getting the city light sockets???
thanks
The last Preludes have these stock, I think im going to see if Honda has them. They should be the same. If not, MOST cheap side markers come with these same lights. I wouldve used some I had, but I had to use them as replacements for the two the blew out on my fender side markers. Ill let you guys know how much I payed.

These lights make the car look aggressive as f**k. :evil:

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The last Preludes have these stock, I think im going to see if Honda has them. They should be the same. If not, MOST cheap side markers come with these same lights. I wouldve used some I had, but I had to use them as replacements for the two the blew out on my fender side markers. Ill let you guys know how much I payed.

These lights make the car look aggressive as f**k. :evil:
yea dude let me know !!!

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its just a 194 socket, its the same as your liscense plates sockets, thats wat i did, but its easily found in the junkyard on other cars as well. im looking to put in a bigger bulb in.

dyce590

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not exactly sure. but lookin in any "diy blackhousing headlight" thread and it should tell you

dyce590

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok guys. its been about a year or so since i posted this diy and I was wondering how many people successfully did this. please post your DIY citylights. Also if you used a color besides yellow/amber plz post

heres my car from the end of summer 08

to all the theives, these arent my plates anymore =)

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I feel like an idiot but I still don't get how you used the cone tip to drill. I understand it's less of a drilling then it is a sanding. But were you doing it from the reflective side of the housing or the rear plastic?

dyce590

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I feel like an idiot but I still don't get how you used the cone tip to drill. I understand it's less of a drilling then it is a sanding. But were you doing it from the reflective side of the housing or the rear plastic?
you start from the rear plastic. start out with a tiny drill bit, then go about 1 or 2 sizes bigger. THEN use a cone tip to widen the hole. by using only drill bits, and because of drill bit shapes, unless u have a super steady hand the drill bit will bounce around. after you make the hole in the rear plastic. you will see what also looks like another plastic, but realy its the back of the reflective peice. you drill the reflective piece from the back so you can still use the rear template. you only drill the front side of the reflective piece to shape the finishing hole

genuine rolla - i dont know how you did it but you can probably explain it better than i can

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ahhhhh. Makes sense lol. I was just using drill bits the entire time. So it cracked and shipped the reflective part. Oh well, I have 3 sets of headlights right now so maybe I'll try doing a retro on that set. I think I'll be able to do it this time. Just gotta buy those cone bits.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did this to mine.. havent been out to take pics lately.. its a nice little mod i think.