How To: CTR Style Grill 6th Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

black_radiation

tinted death
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How-To, DIY type R grill on 2000 coupe

i have failed to see a how to on a type R grill for a 2000 civic coupe, so here is one, first thing your going to want to do is remove your bumper there is 4 screws holding it in place, 1 in each wheel well 2 under the bumper connected to the plasting faring under the car(easy 2 spot) as for the bumper you will have to pull back the inner fender lining to get at the bolt. then open your hood and you will see little plastic plugs on top of your grill, remove those bad boys, just put a flat head in the spot and pull up, should come up pretty easy.

then look at the underside of the bumper and remove the top grill, there is several screws and it should come right out

now you have the top grill, it has 2 parts to it, an outer trim plate, and the actual grill. to remove the trim plate there are several small silver screws, remove those and then you will be left with the plate

after you have the 2 parts you can do wut u want with the old grill then take the new grill and start cutting out your mesh, i was only able to find some 1/4 x 1/4 welded mesh at my local hardware store, w/o spending 50$ on that APC mesh s**t that is WAY overpriced but choose what you want, if your like me u can paint the mesh black to give it a sleek look. your going to have to hot glue the actual mesh into the back of the trim piece, make sure u use lots. now that you have removed that inner grill piece there is going to be nothing to mount your grill to your bumper, so heres where you have to hot glue your grill to your bumper, unless your are able to get your hands on some meltable plastic, thats wut i did, i took the melted plastic and poured it on the back of the trim piece and hot glued the top portion and now it is solid as a rock.

any more questions just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.