NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anfrey said:
u can find it at napa, autozone, advanced auto parts, or whatever your local auto parts shop is. you can also try auto body supply shops (my fav)
Anf, when you come to Delaware I wanna bring you to my Auto Supply Shop. I love that place. I have only been a few times but they always remember me.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Anf, when you come to Delaware I wanna bring you to my Auto Supply Shop. I love that place. I have only been a few times but they always remember me.
it's not easy to forget you amelia

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anfrey said:
it's not easy to forget you amelia
Awww, thanks hun. =) You're a sweety. You're equally difficult to forget.

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Great info...now if I could only figure out how to buff my car with a buffer.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
if it's a random orbital buffer, then it's not very hard.

CivictunR

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey thanks alot for the info, but my body really isn't #1 would any body still say" Do it"!

Danronian

-Dan
5+ Year Member
I used a clay bar on my malibu last summer (which has a color tinted clear coat) and it came out amazingly smooth. The paint job was only 2 years old and the car is always under a car cover or in a garage but I was amazed at how smooth it got. I then used mequirs scratch-X on the bad scratches (only a light polishing compound and haze remover that I really like, it cost about $7 a tube) and then I use Nano Wax ($15). The Nano wax is pure carnuba and has the most amazing finish I have ever seen. But for some reason the only way to get Nano wax off without residue was with microfiber cloths, but damn am I glad I started using those. I recommend Microfiber over terrycloths anytime, I tried them next to eachother and the microfibers take the wax off so much faster and cleaner.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This thread was made in July 13, 2003....! The last post was in November of last year..... :???:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Danronian said:
The Nano wax is pure carnuba and has the most amazing finish I have ever seen. But for some reason the only way to get Nano wax off without residue was with microfiber cloths, but damn am I glad I started using those. I recommend Microfiber over terrycloths anytime, I tried them next to eachother and the microfibers take the wax off so much faster and cleaner.
NO automotive wax is pure caranuba. That would make it a very hard brick. It would be worthless for use.

Vallejo_raider

i am mr. fobster
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok you guys when clay baring a car could you use that clay bar more than once? i ask this because im gonna be detailing a couple cars this coming weekend and i was wondering if i have to use a clean side of the bar ever time i clay a car before wax/polish. thanks

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Vallejo_raider said:
ok you guys when clay baring a car could you use that clay bar more than once? i ask this because im gonna be detailing a couple cars this coming weekend and i was wondering if i have to use a clean side of the bar ever time i clay a car before wax/polish. thanks
You can use a clay bar to do several cars. I'll say three just to be in a safe medium. When the section you're using gets dirty, flip it and roll it around. Just crumble it up and use another piece. It's like silly putty, just kneed it into another shape.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
NO automotive wax is pure caranuba. That would make it a very hard brick. It would be worthless for use.

Maybe a cake type wax like Mother's :what:

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
Maybe a cake type wax like Mother's :what:
Nope, that still has ingreidients to break it down and make it possible to work with.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
pure carnauba is used with these waxes, yet the wax compound you use is not 100% carnauba. that's the point nofx is trying to make

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Exactly. No wax you use on your car is "100% pure carnuba" as advertised or otherwise though.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i mean, the carnauba in them is 100% pure... but the substance is not made of solely (100% of the matter) carnauba

think of it as "made with real fruit juice" ... well.. the whole thing isn't real fruit juice. there's real fruit juice in there, but 100% of it isn't real fruit juice.