How To: DIY Amber Clock 92-95.

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
diy amber clock92-95

saw this and decided to give it a shot. what you need is a package of dividers with the colored tabs(i got mine at eckards for like a buck). remove your gauge bezel..most of you should know how to do this. unscrew the 3 screws that hold the clock to the bezel,then seperate the 4 tabs and the clock will come apart. now get your divider with the orange tab and take the tab off. youll have to trim the tab to fit where the clock glass is. all you have to do is sandwich the tab betweenb the clock halves and screw the clock back to the bezel. now if you want the clock to stay bright when you turn your headlights on just cut and tape off the red/black wire on the harness that plugs into the clock. alll thats left is putting the bezel back on and setting the time. total cost-$1.07 and 10 minutes. comes out a little orange but i like it. it matches the gauge cluster and climate control.

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
YES! now ive got somthing to do on this boring sunday... :thumbs up

kreatine30

5+ Year Member
my 92 civic hatch didnt come with a clock but it has the capacity to hold one..did you buy yours??

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
kreatine30 said:
my 92 civic hatch didnt come with a clock but it has the capacity to hold one..did you buy yours??
im assuming no bc its an EX

tnk

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
?? im lost but i assumed it was a EX sedan from his info under the username

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my car is an ex and it did come with a clock. just order one it should only cost like fifteen bux

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Orange colored divider eh? I have been looking for that stupid translucent film. Definetly going to look at Staples tomorrow for some dividers. Hell, I might have one in my school binder, haha. So if you cut the black/red wire out of the clock harness your clock doesn't dim when you turn on your lights? I would like that.

B_Ray

5+ Year Member
nice write up, i just did mine.

saves you money instead of buying one of those "jdm amber clocks" for 60 bucks lol.

note: one orange tab will not cut it. if you want it to look amber try using 3.
thats what i did @ least.

ill post a pic up.

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice write up, i just did mine.

saves you money instead of buying one of those "jdm amber clocks" for 60 bucks lol.

note: one orange tab will not cut it. if you want it to look amber try using 3.
thats what i did @ least.

ill post a pic up.
i did 6 for mine. If you only do one or two it will turn out looking pink at night.