How To: DIY black out headlights

ClutchEm2

5+ Year Member
Nice work! I did mine last weekend and I didnt have to put it in the oven. I just used a screwdriver starting at the top corner and pried the lens apart. I used gloss black and didnt sand. Came out pretty good.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Headlights look good.....

and your paint looks clean as hell. You must take really good care of it.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Headlights look good.....

and your paint looks clean as hell. You must take really good care of it.
Thanks, i only have had the car for like 6 months, so i guess the previous owner did take good care of the paint. I just recenltly polished and waxed it.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow, looks like they cam out great...!

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man, those came out perfect. This past week I wen to go repaint mine and sand and buff the lense and ended up melting the headlight because I am an idiot and was not paying attention so I had to put my projectors back in. Great job though, also, where did you buy your headlights from and how much were they?

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah they look awsome. inspired me to finally get off my ass and do mine. didnt go with black tho so dont worry i aint jackin your style

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Man, those came out perfect. This past week I wen to go repaint mine and sand and buff the lense and ended up melting the headlight because I am an idiot and was not paying attention so I had to put my projectors back in. Great job though, also, where did you buy your headlights from and how much were they?
Thanks
yeah they look awsome. inspired me to finally get off my ass and do mine. didnt go with black tho so dont worry i aint jackin your style
What color did you go with?

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like a gray matallic color. i needa re-finish the headlight lens bc they starting to yellow, then ill post up

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where did you buy your headlights from and how much were they? Cuz it looks like yours do not have a reflective piece in them for the amber part.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Where did you buy your headlights from and how much were they? Cuz it looks like yours do not have a reflective piece in them for the amber part.
I got them off ebay, for 100 bucks shipped. they were pretty clean.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my bro did his like a month or two ago.

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got them off ebay, for 100 bucks shipped. they were pretty clean.
Hey, I was just wondering, after you blacked out your headlights, how does the bulb in the little circle part below look since it is painted, or did you even put those bulbs back in? Would you happen to have any night pics where I can see, or could you take some, because I just got ahold of another set of stock headlights and was going to do this again and I am just trying to decide on what to mask off and what not to.

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think it looks fine....a little dimmer, but you can def see it. mine are all painted like that and it looks fine. no photos tho sorry

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think it looks fine....a little dimmer, but you can def see it. mine are all painted like that and it looks fine. no photos tho sorry
Alrigth, thanks man. if you ever have your camera at night or whenever see if you could snap a quick shot, well anyone, thanks guys.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alrigth, thanks man. if you ever have your camera at night or whenever see if you could snap a quick shot, well anyone, thanks guys.
I have a amber bulbs in there so they look like orange bulbs. Not as shiny and bright as when they it was chrome.