How To: DIY Red Lit Gauge Needle's (6th Gen)

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any updates guys?

civic_96

5+ Year Member
Any updates guys?
hey does #74 bulbs come in amber? i couldn't find them..?? and oh yeah i got the ex cluster. I got the 194 in amber but i couldn't find the other smaller four in amber. Are you sure there 74? or 124?

civic_96

5+ Year Member
nvm i found out that there are not amber bulbs for #74. they only have them in #24 and #194 but they'll work.

I Finished this last two night, and it look really nice...:cool: i can see it better then the stock.

skittle_107

touge
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i also just did this the other day. it turned out great. now i just have to find the amber #74's. i've checked four parts stores and no one has them or can get them...boner kill

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice to hear ppl did this. Any pics yet?

civic_96

5+ Year Member
i also just did this the other day. it turned out great. now i just have to find the amber #74's. i've checked four parts stores and no one has them or can get them...boner kill
there's no amber bulbs for 74..i have ask already..

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your tach needle looks orange?

wtfh4xx

1337 Gold Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is anyone experiencign hot/cold spots?

Also, cant #194's work in #74's spots?

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
#194s are bigger bulbs so no. You really only experience hot/cold spots with LEDs because they dont project light in all directions as well as normal lamps do. What im trying to do, and your best bet, is to just buy like amber #74 and #194 bulbs and just using those. If your going to do a LED cluster, have fun because you have to add bulbs to fix the cold spots.

civic_96

5+ Year Member
Is anyone experiencign hot/cold spots?

Also, cant #194's work in #74's spots?
no #74 is to small for #194. But the #24 will work on #74. "there is no such things as amber #74. Amber only come in #24 if you want ember cluster."

You need one #194 "amber"
Four/five #24 "amber"

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you cant find #194 in amber, #168 also works (thats what im using).

Civicpmp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So instead of doing this diy paint, you guys bought the amber bulbs?

So I need:
One 194# amber bulb
four to five #24 amber bulb, or #168 can fit as well?

This is a really good good write for the painting part, but changing the bulb seem easy, but might cost more money. heheh