How To: EK SRR Rear Lower Tie Bar Install.

mynameisbob28

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EK SRR rear lower tie bar install

i installed my EK SRR rear lower tie bar today onto my 97 coupe... here's how...

Thanks to Jeff at Stage2Performance for the good price on the bar...

anyway, here's the product that you get:

1st step is to jack up the back of the car, and take the wheels off:

2nd step is to loosen the control arm to chassis bolts with a 14mm socket:

then the bolts are out and you have this:

then the way I did it was to get the bolts back in through the mounting points on the bar so it is held in place. You may need to use a floor jack to get the LCA holes to line up with the chassis holes in order to get the bolt through. then tighten the other 12 mm nuts that came with the bar down a bit, then go back again and tighten the 14mm bolt again:

and finally, you tighten the 12mm bolts/nuts that came with the bar (2 on each side, 4 total) and then tighten the 14mm LCA bolt. You may need to use a hammer to get the bolt to bite into the threads, sometimes just screwing it wont get it to bite. last thing you need to do is take an allen wrench and tighten the bolts that attach the mounting bracket to the bar... final result looks like this:

overall, it was a VERY easy install, even for my rusted bolts they broke loose without too much hassle... all I used was 3 wrenches. a 14mm socket (LCA bolts), and a 12mm socket and open wrench (gold nuts/bolts included with bar)

I havent had the opportunity to drive it yet, but I will post my opinions of the bar after I do so, which should be in like 25 minutes...

civicilian

5+ Year Member
how's it drive?? Any difference? I have been debating on a lower tie bar for a while, but don't know if they actually do anything, yaknow?

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For all intensive purposes, they're just bling. I don't notice a difference with mine on or off. Right now, mine's permenantly off because of my my exhaust piping is routed.

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice, good install.....bar isnt the most attractive one.....

very helpful!

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TippinOver said:
nice, good install.....bar isnt the most attractive one.....

very helpful!
indeed.. that thing is quite offensive.

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i like the overall design.....just not the colors...

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
its like superman get off his nutts