How To: Fast Blinkers 5th Generation Civic (DIY)

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
when i did it, it blinks slower when the parking lights and headlights are on. its weird

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i guess it could be different for the ej's, still blinking fast for my eg hatch

Lewis M

No cat=big flames
5+ Year Member
Are you sure its safe to cut the earth wire, if the live wire touches any chassis it would start a fire.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats what imnervous about cutting this wire. seems liek sinc eyour cutting it the only reason its blinking fatser is because its shorting out right? doenst seem really safe especially if you drive in the rain

Lewis M

No cat=big flames
5+ Year Member
I just tried it by undoing the earth bolt, it blinks faster but u could hear it shorting, aswell if you left ur blinkers on by accident after a while the live wire would overheat as the current isnt being discharged.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah not worht it there other how tos on how to do this the "safe way" if i ever have a need for my blionkers to blink and 900000000000 blinks a second then ill do it the other way lol

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Only reason why peoples signals blink fast is because they have a bad relay, usualy from insalling side markers incorrectly. Not because it "looks cool".

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I find this little "mod" to be HELLA annoying. I can't stand the sound of normal blinkers clicking as is.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Before APC existed I ordered some CATZ LED blinkers from japan, the voltage diff made my blinkers fast, simple as that.

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i guess all you are doing is Removing the Ground... BTW Nice bumping an old thread I think someone recently asked on how to do this...

Tombo

I don't get why you would cut a wire to do this. Why not just put LED bulbs in the blinkers instead? A lot easier to put back to stock that way.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
here is an idea..can we get pics up of what wire to cut and tape it up? sounds stupid but it does help. not everyone is mechanically inclined or know a lot about cars. so it would serve more for guys who dont know much about cars.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jeez... this thread gets bumped like every year lol.

here is an idea..can we get pics up of what wire to cut and tape it up? sounds stupid but it does help. not everyone is mechanically inclined or know a lot about cars. so it would serve more for guys who dont know much about cars.
umm this thread is from 2004... the pics defiantly wont work man.
if you read, it says the middle wire (black one).

i am totally lost in the point of doing this? can someone explain?
so your blinkers blink fast... some people like it, others dont.