How To: Fit 9005 Bulbs in 9006 for more Light Output.

Old_Skool_Civic

4dr's rule too!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's a cheap and easy way to upgrade your 9006 55 watt bulb to a 9005 65 watt bulb and add a little more light than wasting your money on those shitty "HID bulbs" or high wattage bulbs.

Tools Needed:

1. File
2. Sharp Knife...or solder iron if available
3. Eye protection

Procedure:

1. Using file and knife carefully remove the two inside guides of the 9005 bulb. The guides i'm referring to are the ones visible when looking inside the bottom of the bulb where it connects to the socket. The 9006 only has one guide.

2. After guides are removed check to see if it fits. It fit on my Civic without any other modifications.

After comparing the two bulbs the 9005 bulbs did add more light to the road (will post pics as soon as pictures are taken).
Unlike the 9006 bulb which has a cap at the end the 9005 bulb doesn't and is 65 watts and that is why more light is produced.

This is alternative to buying those so called "Xenon Gas" filled HID bulbs which cost about 30 bucks a pair and make your lighting output worse than the stock bulbs because all they are is a stock halogen bulb in a blue tinted glass and plus they burn out in a few months or less.
If you want the HID go with a real HID conversion which they make for most cars and cost about $400 bucks, which is definitely worth the money. I have a conversion kit on my Civic and believe me once you add HID to your car you'll never go back to halogen bulbs again. Their is no comparison between HID and halogen bulbs.