ekshowciv

I'm in Japan Bitches!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tools needed: Spark plug socket attachment w/ socket wrench
2-3 foot peice of speaker wire
WD-40

ok this is a ghetto remedy for getting the water out of the engine block provided there is no damadge to the bottom end of your engine.

Step 1: take wire listed above and touch it to your positive battery terminal. Touch the other end to the positive terminal on your starter. you should hear the motor try and move the flywheel. Next touch the other terminal to ensure that your starter is still good. If you do not hear the starter rev up take your car to a shop or refer to a mechanic for further cuidance.

Step 2: If both test come out good remove your negative battery terminal. Disconnect the ignition wires from all of your spark plugs. After that is complete remove your spark plugs and set them to the side.

Step 3: reconnect the negative battery terminal. After that is complete reconnect the speaker wire to the positive battery terminal. Ensure that people are clear from the front of your engine. Connect the wire to the positive terminal on your starter. The water should start shooting from your cilinders. Keep this going until the majority of the water is out of the cylinders.

Step 4: Spray some type of lubricant into each cylinder and re-insert your spark plugs. Once that is complete reconnect the ignition wires. Get inside your car and begin starting it. This may take some time depending on your spark plugs and some other variables.

Step 5: Once the motor is runnig let it idle until engine is warm and white smoke is no longer pouring out of your exaust. Continue to run car for about 30 min.

Step 6: Remove the negative battery terminal and let car sit for about 5-10 min. This wil clear the check engine light that will show up when the car starts. Reconnect the negative terminal and start engine once more. Let it Idle until the idle is steady an consistant. Take your car somewhere and drive it kinda hard through the first 3 or 4 gears.

This should fix the problem.
I will post the pics in a few days.

Any questions or comments pm me.

Jeterkm02

5+ Year Member
i just pull the spark plugs, and use a wet/dry vac and a rubber vacuum hose and suck the water out through the spark plug hole.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
drive it hard after it had water in it. Great idea. Not good for the car in the first place, but hey, it had water in it, this will surely help....

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
water can "pool" in the runners of the intake plenum. FYI heres happens to rods when you get water in your motor:

my old d16y:

shoemaker617

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont think pulling the spark plugs and watching the water shoot from spark plug holes is the best idea. I would get a skinny hose an a suction pump(vacuum,etc) and get as much of the water out first. Then maybe try cranking it w/o the plugs.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IMO worst How to ever...

2 slow

5+ Year Member
sadly enough it works my friend has a 2001 accent that hydro locked it was funny as hell this poor lttle was efficiently turned into a water fountain. we3 did it about two months ago and it actually helped the pos out a bit its still on the road however i would not recommend driving it w/o changing the oil after that episode but hey i never thought i would see a car turned into a water fountain

My PiRRuÑa

5+ Year Member
Question. How Can An Engine Get Hidrolock? Is It Common? Thanks In Advance If I Get A Reply To This.

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pull the spark plugs and crank the b***h. then leave the plugs out for a day

99SilverCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pull the spark plugs and crank the b***h. then leave the plugs out for a day
Disconnect the ignition wires from all of your spark plugs. After that is complete remove your spark plugs and set them to the side.

Step 3: reconnect the negative battery terminal. After that is complete reconnect the speaker wire to the positive battery terminal. Ensure that people are clear from the front of your engine. Connect the wire to the positive terminal on your starter. The water should start shooting from your cilinders. Keep this going until the majority of the water is out of the cylinders.
In either of the cases, you should most definitely to DISCONNECT THE FUEL PUMP, or pull the fuel pump FUSE.
When you crank fuel will keep getting sprayed if you don't kill the fuel pump.
Fuel being sprayed into cylinders without spark will wash down the cylinder walls and repel oil which in turn will damage the cylinder walls. You can kiss the crosshatching good bye in this case. Especially if you crank the motor for a few minutes to get all the water out.

diamente

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I hydrolocked my engine. I did what he did on this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym_RBxzvgrs&feature=related

except I didn't use that sprayer but a cup. It's about a cup of water that I put through the brake booster line. So I took up the spark plugs and cranked the car about 4 times. It didn't help. I didn't see water coming out. Then I changed the oil and filter. I even took out the fuse for fuel pump. I then cranked the car about twice, nothing happened.

I tried what the first poster did by connecting wires to positive terminal of starter. But I had a hard time finding the positive terminal of the starter. So what should I do now?

I took some pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/diamente1/HydrylockedEngine#

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I hydrolocked my engine. I did what he did on this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym_RBxzvgrs&feature=related

except I didn't use that sprayer but a cup. It's about a cup of water that I put through the brake booster line. So I took up the spark plugs and cranked the car about 4 times. It didn't help. I didn't see water coming out. Then I changed the oil and filter. I even took out the fuse for fuel pump. I then cranked the car about twice, nothing happened.

I tried what the first poster did by connecting wires to positive terminal of starter. But I had a hard time finding the positive terminal of the starter. So what should I do now?

I took some pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/diamente1/HydrylockedEngine#
steam cleaning an engine, and pouring water through the brake booster are two different things. enjoy your new paper weight.