How To: Fog Light Rewire 99-00.

xzodiackillerx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fog light rewire 99-00

this is to let your foglights turn on whenever you have your corner/running lights on even with high beams.. also lows

I assume no resposibility for you doing this mod..attempt at own risk... headlights are an essential component of your vehicle. and should be worked on by a professional...

1: take steering colum plastic off.
2: unplug the harness for the fog lights at the headlight switch(both male and female)
3: take the electrical tape off of the "T" portion of the harness between the male&female connectors(you will notice that all of the wires are jumpers between the two connectors but one "red/white" it goes on to the rest of the harness)
4: locate the red/green wire(a jumper) mark with a sharpie where this wire jumps between both connectors and De-pin it from both conectors.(hold on to this.)
5: locate the red/white wire that continues to rest of harness and De-pin this one as well .
6: insert the red/green jumper where you got the red/white one out of .
7: insert the red/white wires where you got the red/green jumper from.
8: plug back into the light switch and harness and check if it functions properly.
9: if so tape back togther and enjoy .. if not ...Im sorry but you did something wrong and now the fun begins
10: replace plastic arround steering colum..

Dont_Tri

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Has anyone tried this risky method and had success? Also is there a better method of doing so?

Heyits750

Top Noobie
5+ Year Member
My friend actually tryed this.... and it was working great, Then his clucter lights went out and he cant C at night how fast he is going.....:scurred:

drew15062

5+ Year Member
I bought my fogs from ebay, and they came with a cheap wire harness, i think it is the same as a 96-98 depot harness. I took the factory button off of them and wired up my own switch so now I can switch them on however I want.

yeevaj

5+ Year Member
I bought my fogs from ebay, and they came with a cheap wire harness, i think it is the same as a 96-98 depot harness. I took the factory button off of them and wired up my own switch so now I can switch them on however I want.
yeah...my switch broke on the first click ever...so i bought a switch from walmart and wired it myself...