Tools needed
19mm socket
19mm open end
17 mm Socket
14mm Socket
15/16 open end
jack
jack stands

here is what you get from full race, i must say javier and them boys know how to wrap up thier stuff I spent at least 10 mins getting all the buddle wrap and plastic off the bars
good stuff

First jack the car up, secure it with some jack stands to be safe and get that jack out the way
you will see this bracket on both sides, grab your 14mm socket and get all 3 of them bolts off

ditch the brakcet , keep the bolts

now if you are alone this gets somewhat tricky because you have to hold up the bar which isnt heavy the whole set up only weighs 11lbs but it takes up a hand... i also had the radius rods on before hand, so if I was you I would do it after you get the black piece up.
go ahead and put those 3 bolts you took out on each side back in
you get 8 big washers with the kit, I noticed that the bar seemed a bit short so I had to put washers on the frame and makes sure i go tthe bolt through both holes
I just used 6 washers
the old bolts already had washers on them so I figured this to be the correct way to do it, they have to make it short so its easy to get in there.

Now I would attach the radius rods, you get 8 thick washers and 4 bolts with the kit as well as 4 nuts
you will use 4 washers and 2 bolts/nuts here
pretty easy to follow along, you will use your 19mm socket and open end to tighten these
the thick washers go on the inside of the bracket.

My finger points to the bolt you need to remove, get your 17mm on a extension because its kinda tight when you put the new brakcet on.

Here is the bracket you will place on the bolt you just removed the nut from, then just re use the same bolt and make sure you make it nice and tight. Watch how you mount this, if you just throw it on there you may put more strees on the rod, you have to play with it a bit till you find the sweet spot.

Just like the other set, use 2 washers again the same way
you can run the bolt through any way you like. The rods are adjustable they have locking nuts on them, so you can adjust them to fit. I would get a alignment after you do this and have them adjust the rods

Here are just some pics to show you where it would be.... I think I had some issues because of my big radiator, the bar is right on it which is ok and all but it just made more pushing and pulling for me to line those bolt holes up.
plus I was on my back the whole time

I test drove it soon after I was done but it was 230 in the am, so I took it slow
i have no PS and it honestly felt better then it usually does, so who knows ill have to drive it some more

I only did one launch, 5k the car just pulled fwd with a little bit of spinning but not a bad spin and then just went on its merry way

if i did this before the install I would of have wheel hop like whoa, we al know thats the main killer of axles.

The handling also felt more percise up front, which is good..

All in all this mod is something I am glad I spent the money on

install time 1 hour
money spent 335 shipped

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good job man 355 shipped aint bad

Noeladams

Keyboard Cowboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
really good job man!

dracing

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got a question about the traction bars. Can you still drive your car everyday and be able to turn like nornmal? Nice how to.

gabebauman

Sk8aholic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hot ass right up man...do you notice a considerable amount of traction...no wheel hop?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
was it worth the time/money? do you notice a change at all?

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys, many more to come
Yes I think it was well worth the money but I do need to go to the track to test it out

like it said in my post I laucned at 5k the other day and had no wheel hop, it spun a little bit but pulled me fwd the whole time then it just caught kinda low
unlike it used too

the handling feels much tighter as well...

yes you can daily drive the car with these...

georgelb

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bump for a good how-to

as always, great pics and directions Evan

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it was 335 shipped and its from the full-race summer sale, just call them because if you try to do it over the net it will charge you 350 plus shipping.

the bar was 315 and 20 to ship so says my paper, so if you are local maybe you can pick up for 315, ask todd or javier..

kos99ngel

5+ Year Member
dracing said:
I got a question about the traction bars. Can you still drive your car everyday and be able to turn like nornmal? Nice how to.
same question

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you look where it connects.. it doesnt appear to effect turning geometry because its on the inside of the actual knuckle.. i do however wonder if effects suspension travel up and down..

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice write up, simple,straight forward with clear pictures. Have you gone to the track latelly?