Status
Not open for further replies.

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sticky : how to install headers

Ok ill tell you how installed my headers it worked for me but I don’t take responsibility for any mistakes ECT you make.

1. first you will need your car, headers" for your make/model", and wheel ramps / jack stands
I used wheel ramps,

2 make sure to put a brick or something behind the back tires so you don’t roll away and set your e-break and leave it in 1st

Stock headers,

3. You’ll want to do this when your cars is cool so you don’t burn yourself" run it for 5 min to warm up the block, this helps loosen the bolts a little.

4. You can use wd-40 also to help loosen them.
Take a 12 mm socket and start to loosen the nuts form the block, leave them on for now.

5. Get under the car and loosen the bolts at the end of the down pipe.

Depending on your car there may be other bolts /nuts you need to take off. Mine had one near the bottom of the block and in the middle of the down pipe.

6. Unscrew your sensors. "I had two" I used a monkey wrench
7. Take off the down pipe nuts
8. Take off the nuts on the head
9. Slide the old headers off and then drop them through the bottom" you may have to squeeze them though this plastic splash guard cover thing at the bottom
new compaired to old

10. Then take the new headers and put them in the way you took the old ones out “basically reverse the process. “The bolts buy the end of the down pipe have a spring on them, so use a wench to compress it to put it back on.”
Attach the sensors and then see if you did everything right. Turn on your car and go.
and done

If your check engine light comes on it’s probably a sensor so check that.

Status
Not open for further replies.