How To: Headunit Relocation 99-00 Civic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How to : Headunit Relocation 99-00 civic

ok just did this tonight took me about 45 mins to do...very easy

TOOLS NEEDED : Screw Driver or cordless drill with bit (makes it go faster)
PARTS NEEDED : cup holder from a 96-98 civic

First thing that needs to be done is remove the armrest and center console from the car. there are 2 screws on either side on the console..one on either side near the ebrake and 2 on either side of the armrest..then once that is all out remove the 4 screws holding on the cup holder. it should look like this then :

You then need to remove the climate control unit..it just comes out all you have to do is pull it a little..the unhook all of the clips that hold in the hazards lights and the a/c and heat controls..then unplug your cd player and everything else...them you should be left with this :

then remove the cd player from the climate control planel (this might be different on some cars just depends how yours was put it) i had a filler plate on mine so i just poped that out and the took the cd player out of that. you should then be left with this

Then take your cd player and put it into the opening in the new cup holder..there should be metal brackets off of the cupholder..this is what you will attach your headunit to the cupholder with...the holes in the brackets should line up with some holes in your headunit..just put some screws in there just make sure they are not to long..when you are done with that it should look like this :

After you are done with that run all your wires for you cd player down to the area of the cupholder and plug everything in..i did a quick check to make sure everything worked and then i put the new cuphold in just like the old one...then put the center console and the armrest back in..put the climate control back in and plugged everything back in and then just sit back and look and the new home of your headunit!

now that big open space in your climate control can be used to house a V-AFC, tv, guages or whatever...ENJOY!!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.