OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i do not take credit for this

for hydraulic clutch on my d16 tranny. if you go into the driver side door and, go to the clutch pedal, there should be a gold plate with a rod that is attatched to it and travels through the firewall.

behind the plate is a 12 mm nut on the rod. if you loosen that it will allow you to ajdust the clutch

after you get it loose, press in the clutch with your hand and rotate the rod so that the thread comes toward you/the rear of the car. this also adjusts the travel and pickup of the clutch - if you want your travel to be short and pickup quick, turn the rod about 5 times (it's pretty sensitive, a few turns should be enough)

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
will this make the clutch grab faster???

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
it'll make the bite point lower. it also shortens the clutch pedal's travel. u won't have to bend ur knee in order to release the clutch any more.

95civiccx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it seemes to me itd be liek keeping ur foot on the clutch and therefore buringing it out - i could be wrong and probably am so please correct me

gta

Faded Red Hatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
should this be adjusting hydrolic clutch travel :p ? heh, cause us 4th gens got cable trannys :mrgreen:

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
lol yes, hydraulic. sorry bud.

skunk2'ed

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yep, well, I did this last night. It works, but only to a certain extent. The less travel you have, the less clutch dissengagment you have. Do if you try this, dont move it very much, especially if you race your car or have a aftermarket clutch.

zville00SI

CC's Smart ASS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My clutch slips bigtime right now, so if i go in there and turn that screw i could return the clutch back to the normal bite point? is this good for the car?

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how do u make the clutch pedal to be lower? cause my freind just got a clutch and the pedal is higher than before.. does this DIY work for this??

Listerman

CCSC #52
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry to revive a dead thread but is there any downfall to this? like will it cause my clutch to wear faster?

ventturei26

Capt. Fuse
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds interesting, but i w9ould like to know if it affects the clutch or anything else to make it wear faster, etc

neaky

Nexus One
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All it SHOULD do is move where your pedal sits and where it engages/disengages.

crazzybostedeh2

5+ Year Member
NIce little Idea but i think the Omni power clutch cylinder would be a much better investment. i got one on my car and it blows this meathod out of the water.

abs0Lut

Rockin' in the free world
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you need to adjust your clutch pedal it probly means your clutch is worn out or your leaking hydraulic fluid. You won't want to adjust the nut too much because with too much free play you won't be disengaging the clutch fully and with too little freeplay you won't be fully engaging the clutch which will cause it do wear quicker.