How To: install a jdm parking pole

carlsberg

5+ Year Member
looks a good how-to, one thing I do need to know if possible is which wires go above the dash cluster nad into the fuse box. Then where do these wires connect up, I assume they are the ground and switch live?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my favorite thing about the bumper pole is the switch

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they are supposed to go on the driver side for u.s. cars.
we drive and park on a different side of the road remember?
chris

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mymmeryloss said:
they are supposed to go on the driver side for u.s. cars.
we drive and park on a different side of the road remember?
chris
No... they aren't. They go on the passenger side for JDM cars (what would be the USDM driver's side), you know... because they drive on the other side and can't see the passenger side front corner very well.

PWJDM said:

JDM EF '88-'91 Civic Hatchback Front Bumper (Inc. Parking Pole)[/b

Complete your front-end conversion with this OEM EF '88-'91 Civic Hatchback SiR front bumper cover! This bumper is designed specifically for the JDM spec front end. The turn signals wrap around the sides of the bumper for a clean look. This bumper includes the front lip, and the very rare JDM parking pole! This item comes optional in Japan. The parking pole is used to aid the driver when parking the vehicle. When hooked up to a switch, you can trigger the post to either go up or down. When extended the light on the end of the post illuminates bright green.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow....guys does a write to potential help someone and everyone bashes him.

Listen asswholes this is not an opinion thread this is a how-to so unless you are going to comment on the usefulness of the thread keep it to yourself or make a seperate thread dont turn this one to junk.

Oh and last time i check half the s**t on peoples cars are a waste.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so old poeple can see how close there corner is to the next car...i never really saw a point in this...but clean how to!

kangaroo

..........UPS.........
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like someone shot an arrow through your bumper..............I don't like it......but that's just me.

dented

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks like someone shot an arrow through your bumper..............I don't like it......but that's just me.
I dont like it either.. That's why it's been out of my car for almost three months. Sold it to some guy in Sweden for almost as much as I bought it for.

99SilverCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No... they aren't. They go on the passenger side for JDM cars (what would be the USDM driver's side), you know... because they drive on the other side and can't see the passenger side front corner very well.
This makes more sense to me too, I agree with you.
The purpose of the pole is to see the corner better, the drivers side you can see better than the passenger side, so it makes sense to put it on the passenger side to avoid scraping your bumper on another car in a parking garage

I got one off a 99 CTR, but mine looks different, all of the ones I've seen look different than this one, I wonder if this is off newer models... ones that came off EK's have an angled plastic grommet that is supposed to keep it straight.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This makes more sense to me too, I agree with you.
The purpose of the pole is to see the corner better, the drivers side you can see better than the passenger side, so it makes sense to put it on the passenger side to avoid scraping your bumper on another car in a parking garage

I got one off a 99 CTR, but mine looks different, all of the ones I've seen look different than this one, I wonder if this is off newer models... ones that came off EK's have an angled plastic grommet that is supposed to keep it straight.
Just because it was found on a Type R doesn't mean it belonged on that car. It could be for another vehicle or perhaps even for universal use.

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i still maintain if you cant tell where the front of your car is you shouldnt have a drivers lisence

_jawn

USDM king.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow that is really crooked.

Bait

5+ Year Member
I have seen one for the Toyota Cavalier. It sets more flush to the body. I am still looking for pics. If I can find pics I will post.

Carfanatic

5+ Year Member
This is an old topic, but still...

Is that a OEM jdm parking pole? Or a Universal Ebay kit?
I am still searching for a real OEM one

Butch

5+ Year Member
I just moved back from Japan, after 8 years) and every car there has one of these stock. Great write up, but I agree it looks crooked, and it is usually on the passanger side of the car so you can tell how close you come to something(in Japan everything is small(cars, streets, parking spots).

EK1.6LCIV

bustin' out the OEM goodz
5+ Year Member
just installed mine this wkend

wasnt too difficult, practiced on a spare ek4 bar we had lying around, lol

had a jdm ek4 pole and bracket and an eg6 switch to work with, ran the up/down cables inside so they work only when its on ACC, but the pole I rigged up to a missile switch so I can leave the light on for meets and whatnot

inside view of the test bar lol

here's a pic of mine