How To: Install an aftermarket steering wheel (Civic 92-95) EG's

92h22eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
going to install wheel now! So glad i found this!!! Thanks

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
SOrry. Cant say I know about the cruise control because I have a 5 speed DX

I can guess that its a button on the wheel? Id re-route the button wiring to an auxilary switch somewhere on your dashboard or something

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
should have said were the screws go..that is not straight foward
I dont think anyone else posted a more elaborate thread than my own tutotial. It's the most time I'll ever take to make a tutorial for a steering wheel

gsrcivicpholife

5+ Year Member
can anyone show me how to put on a steering wheel for 99 civic because i cant seem to get my cancelation switch to work.

clutchsins

5+ Year Member
here's one for you guys: I'm looking into a cheap hub/wheel combo, but can you mix and match different brands for them?

Nebster66

yesSIR-S
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm still in the thinking stage to put in an aftermarket steering wheel cause of the airbag issue, I just have a conservative black steering wheel cover, looks a lil better... But aftermarket is always better in the form of looks and performance, ur choice when it comes time to making a switch!

jon31562

mmmm..turbo?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
would this be the same for a 91 dx hb? ...just wondering... i'm a bigger guy and my legs dont like to go under the wheel... but is there any way to keep the horn?

Rawkout

5+ Year Member
question: on this yellow harness from the horn, theres 4 pins. My horn doesnt work and i think its because one of these pins arent wired properly (the top one to any of the other 3). can anyone tell me which of the 3 remaining pins connect to the "horn button" pin?

The Rude HB

5+ Year Member
It's the one on the very edge.. cant remember which one. but you have 2 choices. Ill check my car and update this tutorial on wiring in the horn later