How To: Install CTR sidemarkers

BAMA4792

5+ Year Member
but the place to mount it is different since they are different generations of the civic

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
BAMA4792 said:
but the place to mount it is different since they are different generations of the civic
use the same method that is shown here and you'll be good to go. :what:

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my buddy with a teg and i ordered one of those nibblers and were ordering out sidemarkers tonight. Im kinda nervous about doin all this but oh well. Hopefully it will come out good. By the end of this week or this weekend I should have them in.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
matt96ex said:
my buddy with a teg and i ordered one of those nibblers and were ordering out sidemarkers tonight. Im kinda nervous about doin all this but oh well. Hopefully it will come out good. By the end of this week or this weekend I should have them in.
yeah, its not all that hard bro. cut just inside the template so that you dont take off too much metal at first. I used a dremel.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone have a correct size template i can print out? im not pro at photoshop and i dont want to waste 23 sheets of paper tryin to get the right size. thanks.

BseriesEG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just measure out the side marker's base and make your own. i wouldnt use somone elses tempelate not unless they are the exact same sidemarkers. i bought the Depo ones and they have a different base setup. but all in all i didnt use any exact placement measurements from factory civics. i picked a spot a couple inchs above the molding and i just measured each side so they were even and drew the tempelate and cut. its not hard. and i used a dremel it works 10x better and is precise. just get the right cutting wheel. and dont rush.

Ls-HatchBoy

Honda Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i never used and template or anything on my old EJ, i just lighned them up so they were even and stuff on both sides and started cutting i really didnt care because they were dented up anyway. i think for my EM1 im going to buy the password jdm ones and have'm painted.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i put them in last weekend. they came out pretty good. picky people will probably b***h cause their a bit too high, but i could really care less. i used this write up, but they did put them on a 99-00 fender so thats probably why mine are a bit higher.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i put them in last weekend. they came out pretty good. picky people will probably b***h cause their a bit too high, but i could really care less. i used this write up, but they did put them on a 99-00 fender so thats probably why mine are a bit higher.
I used the same method they used for finding the spot for the side marker and mine came out pretty decent.

zipppablo

5+ Year Member
Ok so it seems that I'll be buying a pair of these sometime this week, it looks easy enough.

How would I have to wire them if I want them to stay ON at all times as long as my headlights are ON, I don't want them to blink.

By the way thanks for the help guys.

black97civic

black97civic
5+ Year Member
Ok so it seems that I'll be buying a pair of these sometime this week, it looks easy enough.

How would I have to wire them if I want them to stay ON at all times as long as my headlights are ON, I don't want them to blink.

By the way thanks for the help guys.
Tap into red and black and don't worry about the green.

franklin-hid

your moms boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bump for a great how to

lol..yea..like a year later.hahahah..

i did mine a LONG time ago and i wish i would of had this info...

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is easier than i thought. i guess spring time mod added to the list.

iOn

I like pie.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's right on the first page... except the link is kinda wrong.

It was -- http://"http//www.goosse.streetracing.org/photo4.html

Should be -- http://www.goosse.streetracing.org/photo4.html

I just recently did this DIY also... whenever I tried to print off the template it was smaller than it actually was supposed to be so I had to look at the measurements and draw the actual size.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hmm...So I kinda want to have them on all the time, but I don't wanna cut into factory wires so I was gonna get a plug and play harness from HT but they wired it so it's "USDM" meaning it will only blink when the turn signal is on?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just use these crimp on terminals to splice into your factory wiring:

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah that's what I was thinking.
But I could just buy a set of these:
http://hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=2160371&page=1
and then I'm doing city lights too so I'd just use the wiring harness I got with the sidemarkers for the city lights and splice into the other harness, therefore not having to touch the factory harness at all. I don't know if it's worth the money though.

cerasoli1188

Love/Hate Relationship
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wanna do this but I have to say after watching someone screw up on my bumper I'm afraid to mess up the fender as well lol.