How To: Install CTR sidemarkers

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Have all wiring and parts ready for this AND city lights. Hopefully I can finish it all over next weekend. Hardest part is sanding away the oxidation on the OEM headlight housings...

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah, I think you'll be fine man. Its not biggie at all.

BLK VTi

Apple Bottom Booty = FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just got a question to ask

I wired mine up fine, I did it to how Danny told me to

However, when I turn on my corners or both headlights and corners, and I want to make a turn..

The driver side sidemarker alternately blinks with the turn signal. Is this ok, or did I do something wrong?
(BTW I wired into the red and green wires)

But now on the right side, if I turn the corners/headlights on, the sidemarker is on no problem but when i want to make a right turn, the signal does not appear. This only occurs when I have the lights on.

When I dont have the lights on, the signal appears but at a quicker pace than normal, which is annoying the hell out of me.

Can any provide info on my small situation here?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that is how it will blink if you have them wired so they're on while the parking lights are on.

as for it not blinking on that one side..i'm not sure.

BLK VTi

Apple Bottom Booty = FTW
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just got a question to ask

I wired mine up fine, I did it to how Danny told me to

However, when I turn on my corners or both headlights and corners, and I want to make a turn..

The driver side sidemarker alternately blinks with the turn signal. Is this ok, or did I do something wrong?
(BTW I wired into the red and green wires)

But now on the right side, if I turn the corners/headlights on, the sidemarker is on no problem but when i want to make a right turn, the signal does not appear. This only occurs when I have the lights on.

When I dont have the lights on, the signal appears but at a quicker pace than normal, which is annoying the hell out of me.

Can any provide info on my small situation here?
that is how it will blink if you have them wired so they're on while the parking lights are on.

as for it not blinking on that one side..i'm not sure.
Thanks, I actually figured it out

My ground wire on the right side was about to split apart, so I cut it and spliced the existing wiring.

Now I'm riding clean and elegant. While looking for fat bitches..

:word:

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks for the write up

:deadhorse2:Im thinkin about gettin smoked amber side markers. once i do this project ill post some pics...

darksolderx

5+ Year Member
hate to bump old threads but this is relative to something im about to do ill post my results soon

deryzzle

5+ Year Member
Can anyone link me to the proper template. the one here is too small. Or can someone help me on how to print them correctly? cuz my printer always prints it smaller. it looks like its 70% of the size.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I just want to point out to the OP that those measurements from the top of the fender trim, and from the edge of the fender are WRONG. Yes, I said it. The measurements are WRONG. How do I know?

Well, I used to own a 98 CX Hatchback and I purchased OEM Civic Type-R fenders for the car. I had them painted and put them on along with OEM side markers from a Type-R.

DSC_0155 by chris.sabatini, on Flickr

I made my OWN template today. Here's what I did.

First, I took a 8.5 x 11 sheet of printer paper and drew a bunch of square inch lines so I knew the side marker would sit even and not crooked. I then lined the paper up with the edge of the fender trim and taped it to the fender.

I trimmed the top edge of the paper to go with the OEM body line on the fender.

I then, printed out a template I found online.

The tape measure is there to show you the template is 100% scale and accurate.

After I printed out the template, I cut it out of the paper, and traced the side marker shape onto the 8.5 x 11 piece of paper. I then cut out the shape of the side marker on the 8.5 x 11 paper as seen here.

Here it is mocked up on my 2000 Si. If you look at the above picture of the red hatchback with the OEM Civic Type-R fenders, you can see they are both in the same exact place.

Here are the REAL measurements to have your side marker in the SAME EXACT spot as on the OEM Civic Type-R fender.

So the middle of the side marker is a little more than 130mm from the top edge of the fender trim, and about 145mm from the edge of the fender.