how to install fogs on a 98 civic

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You use the 96-98. Changing your front end doesnt change your wiring. You'll have to buy both kits and plug the 99-00 fogs into the 96-98 harness.

98EK-R

"Keeping It Clean"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Eran said:
You use the 96-98. Changing your front end doesnt change your wiring. You'll have to buy both kits and plug the 99-00 fogs into the 96-98 harness.
WOW, so where can i buy just the 96-98 harness? I just bought the 99-00 kit off a member on here, useless buying 2 actual kits.....................

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98EK-R said:
WOW, so where can i buy just the 96-98 harness? I just bought the 99-00 kit off a member on here, useless buying 2 actual kits.....................
you can't just buy the wiring kit. you have to buy a set of 96-98 esuse foglights. If you buy clear ones, I know someoen who might buy them off you.

98EK-R

"Keeping It Clean"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Eran said:
you can't just buy the wiring kit. you have to buy a set of 96-98 esuse foglights. If you buy clear ones, I know someoen who might buy them off you.
If thats what i have to do, i guess thats what i have to do................. But i have been told the 99-00 harness will work, has anyone one else done it w/ the 99-00 harness....... I even just searched a topic on here and they said the 99-00 harness worked........ dunno......... :what:

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
98EK-R said:
If thats what i have to do, i guess thats what i have to do................. But i have been told the 99-00 harness will work, has anyone one else done it w/ the 99-00 harness....... I even just searched a topic on here and they said the 99-00 harness worked........ dunno......... :what:
here's the problem. they were using a depo kit. the depo kit might work, I dunno, but it won't be wired up STOCK. if you use an esuse kit, you can't use the 99-00 on a 96-98 because the 99-00 hooks to a harness on the steering column.

98EK-R

"Keeping It Clean"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Eran said:
here's the problem. they were using a depo kit. the depo kit might work, I dunno, but it won't be wired up STOCK. if you use an esuse kit, you can't use the 99-00 on a 96-98 because the 99-00 hooks to a harness on the steering column.
So i'll find out what kit it is i'm getting, and repost the brand...........

XcLuSiVeLy4GoD

ODP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im all lost on wiring i might just have somebody do it for me. just cuz i dont wanna eff something up. i might be able to get it done cheap

CreemCheese

5+ Year Member
I bought some cheap foglight kit that came with a wiring harness, but doesn't have very detailed instructions. The main thing I am wondering about is where to put the wires through from under the hood to the interior? with NO drilling.

Edit: I would like to go through the drivers side somewhere to save on wiring.